• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 4 : Contest

338 posts in this topic

i think some are grading too tough. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif i won a DD 168 on eBay from forum member davidking623 that he graded as VF+ 8.5. when i got it, i thought that he severly undergraded the book. i graded it at NM+ 9.6 and CGC agreed with me when i sent it in for slabbing. grin.gif

looks 9.0 to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

BC is ugly gossip.gif

I agree arty, and I apologize to my teammates for submitting the 8.0 graed based primarily on this back cover gunk all over. Divad called it a 9.0, dmac called it a 9.2, and davidking also came out against the back cover with a low 7.0; I thought it was a 9.0 structurally but I couldn't/wouldn't let myself believe CGc would give anything higher than an 8.0 with a back cover that was so fugly... I feel like a heel after all this crepe. especially since one of us got it right on....

If YOU or ANY ONE of your teammates had been here, I would GUARANTEE that UV would have PMed you.

Again, BOTH times that I have received PMs have been FIVE minutes before the round closed. BOTH times I was here. NEITHER time was I given an option for an extension.

hi.gif

I didn't respond to your earlier inquiry because I just wanted to let it die. But since you brought it up...

I was on and off the boards all morning and specifically checked in shortly before 12 to read new messages and check the grade results. I checked several more times before I left for lunch at 12:45.

confused-smiley-013.gif

BC is ugly gossip.gif

I agree arty, and I apologize to my teammates for submitting the 8.0 graed based primarily on this back cover gunk all over. Divad called it a 9.0, dmac called it a 9.2, and davidking also came out against the back cover with a low 7.0; I thought it was a 9.0 structurally but I couldn't/wouldn't let myself believe CGc would give anything higher than an 8.0 with a back cover that was so fugly... I feel like a heel after all this crepe. especially since one of us got it right on....

Hey Darth! Life happens! We're a team, and that's what counts! (lovable losers!) 27_laughing.gif

If YOU or ANY ONE of your teammates had been here, I would GUARANTEE that UV would have PMed you.

Again, BOTH times that I have received PMs have been FIVE minutes before the round closed. BOTH times I was here. NEITHER time was I given an option for an extension.

hi.gif

I didn't respond to your earlier inquiry because I just wanted to let it die. But since you brought it up...

I was on and off the boards all morning and specifically checked in shortly before 12 to read new messages and check the grade results. I checked several more times before I left for lunch at 12:45.

confused-smiley-013.gif

See my last response. That will be my last word on the matter. This, as opposed to the other "public" violations is tantamount to accusing UV to playing favorites, and I won't be a party to such a discussion as I am certain he would do no such thing.

I'm not saying that you all are trying to imply that, but that is the way this discussion is "tracking" at this point, and I don't think that's right (fair) as there is no way to prove or disprove any such accusation. You are free to believe what you will, obviously, but mounting a case against UV at this point is baseless, in bad taste, and ill-advised.

You are free to believe what you will, obviously, but mounting a case against UV at this point is baseless, in bad taste, and ill-advised.

In no way am I saying UV is playing favorites. Stop trying to stir the pot. I was simply responding directly to your "guarantee" below which was not accurate. I was online and did not get a PM..

As I said 3 pages ago, I don't care about the point and we'll take our medicine, I was just pissed the haters were implying we were trying to pull a scam. 'Nuff said.

UV and Nikos flowerred.gif

Dice flowerred.gif

hi.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

See my last response. That will be my last word on the matter. This, as opposed to the other "public" violations is tantamount to accusing UV to playing favorites, and I won't be a party to such a discussion as I am certain he would do no such thing.

I'm not saying that you all are trying to imply that, but that is the way this discussion is "tracking" at this point, and I don't think that's right (fair) as there is no way to prove or disprove any such accusation. You are free to believe what you will, obviously, but mounting a case against UV at this point is baseless, in bad taste, and ill-advised.

I certainly was not implying favoritism... you should be a politician as you are very good at the subtle smear.

What I was saying was uneven application of the rules.

What you said above about it not being issued this time as opposed to other times really has no bearing... unless there were other groups late like ourselves. It simply begs the question about why no warning was issued this time.

Will there be warnings in the future? That seems like a fair question to set into cement, no?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

BC is ugly gossip.gif

Hey Darth! Life happens! We're a team, and that's what counts! (lovable losers!) 27_laughing.gif

At least were ( lovable losers ) and not (bickering losers) 27_laughing.gif

Davidking623

What? 9.0? Are you guys slabbing these yourselves? stooges.gif

I suggest that the contest judges have heard too much whining already and everyone should shut up about it.

Judges should let everyone know exactly what the ruling is. Everyone ought to just accept whatever their considered ruling, and stop the bickering. Else if you don't like their decisions, then take your slabbed comic and go home.

The rest of us are going to look forward to the next round if UV hasn't permanently forsaken us. Bring it on. We've got to get out of the 6 way tie for 4th (or was it 5th?) place so we need to keep going! 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif