• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 4 : Contest

338 posts in this topic

If DiceX's team get it spot on i am only going to give 0.5 of a point, and 0.5 for a grade off.

uh oh, I can hear JC running into the room now. popcorn.gif

Decision is final sumo.gif

I think it's fair.

A half point penalty for being slow.

It's not fair now that DiceX's team knows everyone else's guesses. I'm sure that would have helped osborn_france's team.

But using this tactic all the time will not pay off as you will always only get 0.5 points

If DiceX's team get it spot on i am only going to give 0.5 of a point, and 0.5 for a grade off.

I think it's fair.

A half point penalty for being slow.

It's not fair now that DiceX's team knows everyone else's guesses. I'm sure that would have helped osborn_france's team.

I do not know what happened to our fair captain. But, honestly, we had our grade decided a couple of days ago.

As long as every other team gets leniency when they haven't submitted a guess by the deadline.

What deadline? Look at the first post in this thread:

"Will end Thursday, hopefully around Noon, EST".

That doesn't sound like a deadline to me... confused-smiley-013.gif

As long as every other team gets leniency when they haven't submitted a guess by the deadline.

What deadline? Look at the first post in this thread:

"Will end Thursday, hopefully around Noon, EST".

That doesn't sound like a deadline to me... confused-smiley-013.gif

So it was just a seriously ill line then? confused-smiley-013.gif

UV, I never meant that that would be a stategy. I only mean that you state a rule and then twice now you have changed your own rule and have given leniency to the rule-breaker. Regardless of the reasons involved, you need to enforce the rules for every team.

Although JC was his usual self, he did have a very valid point about red. I know you are enforcing the rules as you see fit, just be aware of how you judgement is being perceived.

Yep......"around" noon could be 7 or 8 pm .....to someone whacked out on goofballs. confused-smiley-013.gif

You don't get whacked out on goofballs, you get hopped up on goofballs. makepoint.gif

Golfballs, on the other, do get whacked out, especially when I play - whacked out over the fence, into the water, etc.,. 27_laughing.gif

Maybe each team should be allowed one rule bending. Period. Not leniency on all rules that have been bent. So, our team could not know post grade guesses without a total disqualification for the round and Team Fear could not be late, etc.

Of course, all of the rest of the teams could flout the rules willy-nilly.

Once.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Maybe each team should be allowed one rule bending.

Ummm, sending UV your grade AFTER all the other guesses are posted is not "bending" the rules. foreheadslap.gif

Would you like to see the email chains with full header information from 2 days ago when we decided on the grade? Not everyone in the world is a cheat, scam artist and liar. Sheesh! 893frustrated.gif

Just so we're straight on this, unless their grade is dead-on, then DiceX's team gets no punishment whatsover?