• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncanny Xmen 423 Price Variant

35 posts in this topic

Found this sale as a good raw:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-xmen-423-recalled-price-error-Wolverine-RARE-vhtf-/111036148454?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19da452ae6&nma=true&si=1W%252BsC5SXOKWZEoznWQDRDTfs0PE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

But cant find anything for higher grades. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT:

Found a sale here on the boards last year for $400.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6194342

Thanks guys!

More info I found and thought to share. Looks like there are others then just the Xmen one.

http://empiresopenvault.com/the-mysterious-tale-of-the-two-marvels-2003-a

Edited by Pike's Comics

Wouldn't this be modern age? :baiting:
Yep. Wrong section. Regardless, it's a pretty damn rare book. I sold a VG copy for $150 last year, and probably could have sold it for more. If you want any good info on this book, Metarog is the man.

True. There have been some late 90's books in the copper section because they would just be mashed down to the bottom of the modern section within minutes. Can't compete with the saga, revival, WD threads there.

Can't compete with the saga, revival, WD threads there.

That is SO last month. The Sixth Gun, East of West, and Rachel Rising are the only 1st pagers on Moderns now

Edited by Hekla

You probably can't find much pricing data because so few have turned up... around 10 so far. If you have a 9.8 candidate that will probably set the bar for its worth. There are X-Men completists who are searching for them so it will be a quick sell if that is what you want to do.

I have all the Modern Discount variants and the error editions but it took me years to find them all cheap. Alas my 423 error is only a VF at best and probably more or a F+ but all the others are in great condition.

Did you find this in Tampa? If so I wonder if it originally came from Macdill AFB... that would make sense since it seems that the Avengers error edition at least did come from military outlets.

Anyone have any clue how much a 9.8 one of these is worth? Just found one at a flea market that is a strong 9.8/9.6.

Cant seem to find much information via my usual pricing methods (GPA, ebay, ect..)

No way to tell right now but I'm pretty confident it'd be alot.

Pics?