• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday Comics and dailies
4 4

388 posts in this topic

Gasoline Alley had a number of fantasy Sunday strips, like this one from 1930 with Walt and Skeezix entering a world of crazy modern art!

16990283043_5af5b11f20_o.jpg

I see it and it is amazing but can we get $179,000,000 for it.

17557691245_53f06f29d8.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

hi all-

I found this forum and am excited cause im looking for fans of this stuff-I have like four books of sundays put together in bound volumes from the 30s and 40s I believe selling through metropolis-not the greatest condition but historic and only books of its kind like it from the san Francisco chronicle-please take a look and consider for purchase (I could use the $ lol)

thanks

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?title=newspaper&issue

hi all-

I found this forum and am excited cause im looking for fans of this stuff-I have like four books of sundays put together in bound volumes from the 30s and 40s I believe selling through metropolis-not the greatest condition but historic and only books of its kind like it from the san Francisco chronicle-please take a look and consider for purchase (I could use the $ lol)

thanks

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?title=newspaper&issue

Those seem very collectable to me. Can you post some of the pictures but not mention that they are for sale. Sales go in another thread.

wish I could but I don't have possession of them-metropoilis comics is selling them for me so youd have to go through them for pictures that are not shown through the link

but they are a cornucopia of history with great sundays and ads older and rarer then any superman or batman #1

hated to part with them but they were just taking up space and id rather pass them on at a reasonable price to someone who will love them

now granted they aren't in the best shape but paper from the 30's will brown and rip at times but I know you will be happy with them

Connie by Frank Godwin started off as a flapper strip in the 20's, evolving into an adventure strip in the 30's. But it's the rare mid-to-late 30's science fiction Connie's that are most sought after by collectors.

Here's a couple of tabs from 1936 I snagged recently.

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg3.jpg

Godwin's masterpiece though was Rusty Riley in the 40's and 50's. The Sundays on this strip are simply beautiful. These aren't hard to find as thirds, but half pages are much tougher.

a0a1d2e7-5b4d-4bac-8b7d-fd4e4bdb8ed3.jpg

Connie by Frank Godwin started off as a flapper strip in the 20's, evolving into an adventure strip in the 30's. But it's the rare mid-to-late 30's science fiction Connie's that are most sought after by collectors.

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg3.jpg

8735869379_669bf20fee_b.jpg

Connie was reprinted in Famous Funnies and Everett did the cover. He also did a cover for Dickie Dare.l

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg3.jpg

:applause:

Tony Raiola reprinted some of the Connie from that period in the last couple of years but the smaller size and the repro quality didn't really showcase the strip under its best light.

Personal note: Connie was run in France under the name Cora ... which is why my first child's middle name is Cora.

OOoooooh I never knew this thread existed. This is more my domain even though I don't have anything this old. One of these days I want to find a color Sunday Krazy Kat strip . However I was given a reprint of a Little Nemo page from when he was climbing through the city.

OOoooooh I never knew this thread existed. This is more my domain even though I don't have anything this old. One of these days I want to find a color Sunday Krazy Kat strip . However I was given a reprint of a Little Nemo page from when he was climbing through the city.

This reprint of KRAZY KAT is from a terrific 16-page Special Commemorative Newspaper Section

published on Sunday November 15, 2015 Celebrating 100 YEARS OF KING FEATURE COMICS.

<a  href=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5751/23399095463_99dc4dd30f_z.jpg' alt='23399095463_99dc4dd30f_z.jpg'>IMG KRAZY KAT

mm