• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Cancer Society's Relay For Life

4 posts in this topic

Continuing my journey in my grandfather's name

This marks my third year walking in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life. I lost my grandfather after a 30+ year battle with prostate cancer on September 9th, 2011. He has been one of the biggest inspirations in my life and continues to inspire me to this day.

Last year I raised $2550, although this year with a new job I have not been able to do as much fundraising, not to mention I have been on the committee for my event to help plan everything so that's been taking up my time as well.

I know cancer has touched just about everyone's life in some form or another and really this link is just for anyone interested in helping me out.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/mikelutes13

That is the link to my personal donation page on the American Cancer Society's website. Also, if anyone is interested in any comics I have, I'd definitely consider selling some in return for donations as opposed to money. I did this on the boards last year and it did really help raise some money for this great cause. As much as I love my comics I am more passionate about this cause, so no matter what kind of support you can give, whether its a kind word or a passing on of the message, thank you. Every ounce of support does mean a lot to me.

See more journals by mikelutes

In times of financial hardship I find great difficulty in being able to do so. It is during these times that I realize I must do so. I wish it was more but felt it worthy enough that I was compelled to donate something. If I can I make this promise, when I am able, I will donate again.

Thank you for Sharing

Honestly, as much as I'd love to see big donations, I think it personally effects me more when I see more small donations. Knowing that there are more people out there willing to give anything to help just makes me feel better I guess.

I don't have many CGC graded comics compared to a lot of people on here (around 100 or so) but if there are any that stick out to people on here that want to make an offer or something on them I'd definitely consider it as a donation, instead of paying me you'd just make a donation and I'd ship it to you. I did this last year and it seemed to go over well.