• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F/S on eBay: Hulk #181 CGC Graded 9.2 Universal Blue Label

90 posts in this topic

Jay, a lot of people agree with you that CGC overgraded the book. When he posted a scan of this book awhile back, he got grades as low as 6.5. Of issue, I think is the "dirt(?)" part near the top left corner. I think that is what most people had a problem with. I guess CGC saw it as a production defect. The three (or more?) people that have seen this book in person thought it should get a 9.0 or better. I defer to those people because there is nothing like seeing a book in person. gossip.gif

hi.gif Hi Peter, did you have a nice Birthday?

I was one of the afforementioned who have seen this book in person. It's a real nice copy in hand. Far better than what the raw scans indicated.

Cheers,

-Jim

I was one of the afforementioned who have seen this book in person. It's a real nice copy in hand. Far better than what the raw scans indicated.

Cheers,

-Jim

flowerred.gifflowerred.gif

this being said isn't it still fair to say that $1,500 is alot for this particular issue of little importance to the entire collection? I could see, if it were a 9.8, or even a 9.6...is it being purchase for so much because of it's unique grading perhaps? crazy.gif

Earth to Jay,

It's the friggin' first appearance of Wolverine makepoint.gif Where have you been for the last 30 years? 893whatthe.gif The Klondike? RipVanVegas? insane.gif

Yes, it is a KEY issue, highly sought after, arguably on many fronts, as the beginning of the Bronze Age. Why do I feel like I am wasting my time here? 893frustrated.gif

Our Man Logan, THE X-MAN! C'mon and get on the bus . . . boo.gif

Earth to Jay,

It's the friggin' first appearance of Wolverine makepoint.gif Where have you been for the last 30 years? 893whatthe.gif The Klondike? RipVanVegas? insane.gif

Yes, it is a KEY issue, highly sought after, arguably on many fronts, as the beginning of the Bronze Age. Why do I feel like I am wasting my time here? 893frustrated.gif

HULK 180!!! 27_laughing.gif

Earth to Jay,

UV, I KNOW you've seen the illustrious one panel appearance by Wolvie in #180!!! Hardly a significant 1st App! thumbsup2.gif

Earth to Jay,

UV, I KNOW you've seen the illustrious one panel appearance by Wolvie in #180!!! Hardly a significant 1st App! thumbsup2.gif

cloud9.gif

Cheers,

-Jim

It was nice and quiet. smile.gif Since it fell on a weekday, we are celebrating this weekend. Thanks for asking, Jim. hi.gif