• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for good shipping tape.

9 posts in this topic

You will never get better, more durable shipping tape than this.

You have to wet the back when you apply it to the box, but once it dries nothing will get into the package without a knife.

You will never get better, more durable shipping tape than this.

You have to wet the back when you apply it to the box, but once it dries nothing will get into the package without a knife.

That would be registered tape. USPS uses that.

Anyway, I use 2 inch clear packing tape, We use the same stuff at my work for shipping boxes.

Filament tape is what we used when dropping 45 - 100 lb boxes out of aircraft via parachute. It has fiberglass filaments running through it, and you must cut it with a knife.

The 2 inch clear packing tape should be sufficient for what you are doing, as long as you wrap the tape around the box and overlap the ends. However, filament tape will be superior.

Filament tape is what we used when dropping 45 - 100 lb boxes out of aircraft via parachute. It has fiberglass filaments running through it, and you must cut it with a knife.

The 2 inch clear packing tape should be sufficient for what you are doing, as long as you wrap the tape around the box and overlap the ends. However, filament tape will be superior.

+1

I have a roll of this tape just for heavy boxes like that. Dice's paper tape suggestion is great, but the filament tape is more easily dispensed.

If you really want to get serious, buy one of these. lol

We have tape at work that doesn't need moistening and has the filament in it but it is crazy expensive.

A roll of the paper tape from my first reply lasts for-everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XJOBUS/

Duck Brand HP260 High Performance Grade Packaging Tape

It's nice & heavy-duty.

Good stuff.....

I make sure to have a few rolls of this around too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0021L9MVO/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The rolls are 109 yards, they seem to last forever.

Also watch craigslist. I live about 10 minutes from a street that is a warehouse area and these guys will sell off their extra materials all the time. Last year I found a guy to sell me fiberglass filament tape that's usually $4 a roll for $1 each because they bought way too much of it.