• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

It might if I could get a 6.0 for a decent price. I should not have sold my higher grade copies

Do you still have your 13? 

As far as the 50s you go sold, yeah rough, but on the bright side what did they buy you? 

I couldn't resist these Australian comics when I saw the great covers they had.

The Gang 5 has the American cover to Betty & Veronica 1.

Reggie 4 has the American cover to Reggie 1.

Reggie 7 has the American cover to B&V 2.

The Jughead 11 has the US cover to Jughead 3.

The Pep 11 has the US cover to PEP 79 (I love the Veronica as an Indian on that cover :x)

The Reggie 17 has the US cover to PEP 93 but there's a major difference.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

59 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I wonder what Bob Montana thought of that change to his art?

Hmmmm....after the cheques rolled in I'm almost positive his initial irks were allayed.

I wonder if Reggie is Archie in Australia and vice versa ?

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Check out the difference between the Australian Reggie 17 cover and the US PEP 93 cover.  Pretty cool.

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

Looks like Reggie had a secret fan at the Australian publisher.  Great eye to spot this change. 

39 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Looks like Reggie had a secret fan at the Australian publisher.  Great eye to spot this change. 

If you count the lipstick marks Archie looks like he got smooched 1 more time in his cover than Reggie did.  Lucky guy!

That Australian cover doesn't really fit Reggie's personality.  And I don't recall V ever wanting to kiss R, but maybe I'm wrong.

I really love this type of "Find".  I'll bet if you were to scour the Australian Archies you'd find a lot of little differences like this.