• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, AJD said:

Reporting for duty.

Not sure this belongs here, not being in the 1-10 or #50 range, but I figure it will just about pass muster. ;)

Archie_14_Australian.thumb.jpg.301c7323669884100db526c13b4e7312.jpg

You can join our London affiliates version of club. Cheerios 

Just now, Junkdrawer said:

Great find. Honestly how many of these could you possibly dig up?

It's the only one I've ever seen. I asked a couple of other Australian collectors and they've never seen it. Until I scanned this it wasn't in the GCD or Ausreprints. So I don't think they're plentiful!

1 hour ago, AJD said:

It's the only one I've ever seen. I asked a couple of other Australian collectors and they've never seen it. Until I scanned this it wasn't in the GCD or Ausreprints. So I don't think they're plentiful!

If there’s nobody in line for it, hell I would not mind owning it when the time comes. It’s my favorite cover and the last book I’d ever sell is my Archie 50. 

3 hours ago, AJD said:

Reporting for duty.

Not sure this belongs here, not being in the 1-10 or #50 range, but I figure it will just about pass muster. ;)

Archie_14_Australian.thumb.jpg.301c7323669884100db526c13b4e7312.jpg

I was wondering if there was an Aussie version of this.  Sweet! :headbang:

It would have been hilarious if it was a Reggie comic with Reggie in the Photo (now that we know the Aussies edited the artwork for some of the covers)

Edited by gadzukes

2 hours ago, BriD. said:

Hi! :hi: I stumbled upon this group yesterday and thought i would join the party.

My first purchase here on the boards was this Archie 50 :cloud9:. The hunt for it is what actually brought me here. I picked up the #8 a couple months ago raw. 

20140711_175832-1.jpg

20180408_180203-1-1.jpg

Two great pickups!

I thought I'd ask here, while Australian Archies were almost still topical.

I picked this up on the weekend, completely because of the excellent GGA cover. I can't find a corresponding American edition with this cover, and I looked at Archie, Pep and Reggie on the GCD. Anyone able to place it?

2138975917_ArchiesRivalReggie31.jpg.b8c474256ed1458cf4521c100386c5e0.jpg

6 hours ago, AJD said:

I thought I'd ask here, while Australian Archies were almost still topical.

I picked this up on the weekend, completely because of the excellent GGA cover. I can't find a corresponding American edition with this cover, and I looked at Archie, Pep and Reggie on the GCD. Anyone able to place it?

2138975917_ArchiesRivalReggie31.jpg.b8c474256ed1458cf4521c100386c5e0.jpg

Look where Reggie is looking then look where Archie is looking.  What a couple of hound dogs lol.  Great cover!

18 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Me, either.  Maybe adapted from a story panel? hm

There were a lot of Australian only covers.  I think this is one of them.  I know that there's no US equivalent of that Reggie cover although a similar picture frame joke was used on the cover of Laugh #60 but not in a beach scene.  The artwork isn't usually consistent with the Archie house style.  

20 minutes ago, archiecomicscollector said:

I'm relatively new to CGC (and first time posting!), but I'm a HUGE Archie fan! I started collecting Archie comics 20 years ago, when I was just 10 years old. I have nearly 2000 comics (including digests) and over 100 associated toys (i.e. dolls, lunch boxes, puzzles) in my collection. A glimpse of my collection can be found on Instagram under @archiecomicscollector.  

Excellent! Welcome to the boards!