• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

I was looking at GPA for Archie 1.  The most sales have been for 3.0s, which according to the census is where the majority of graded Archie 1s are (1/4 of all universal graded Archie 1's are a 3.0).

In 2016 a 3.0 sold for $29,388.  Since then, five 3.0 copies have sold.  Pretty much, each copy selling for less.  The latest 3.0 sold last month for $21,805 (a pretty steep decline from $29,388)

What do you think?  Is this just a "correction" from the Archie hype of a few years ago?  Or is this a trend that will continue.  I've always thought of Archie 1 as such an iconic comic with a classic cover.  

If the price decline IS part of a "correction", where do you think the value will stabilize?

On September 26, 2018 at 8:49 AM, gadzukes said:

I was looking at GPA for Archie 1.  The most sales have been for 3.0s, which according to the census is where the majority of graded Archie 1s are (1/4 of all universal graded Archie 1's are a 3.0).

In 2016 a 3.0 sold for $29,388.  Since then, five 3.0 copies have sold.  Pretty much, each copy selling for less.  The latest 3.0 sold last month for $21,805 (a pretty steep decline from $29,388)

What do you think?  Is this just a "correction" from the Archie hype of a few years ago?  Or is this a trend that will continue.  I've always thought of Archie 1 as such an iconic comic with a classic cover.  

If the price decline IS part of a "correction", where do you think the value will stabilize?

I hope it stays low enough for me to join the club :wishluck:

On 7/15/2018 at 11:54 AM, archiecomicscollector said:

I don't have Archie No. 1 - 10 or 50 in my collection (yet!), but I did just recently acquire three unused postcards featuring Archie No. 30, 43 and 50, c. 1986 for my collection :x

I recently purchased three more unused postcards featuring Laugh No. 32, Laugh No. 41 and Pep Comics No. 93. 

1977080180_ScreenShot2018-11-14at7_48_40PM.thumb.png.f0c7194b89d425f3f3b363e3932c52fd.png

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:03 PM, gadzukes said:

That would explain a lot.

I paid the 21k fot tis one a short while ago. I just wasn't willing to pay more. I had a 3.0 about 10 years ago and bought for about 5k. I sold for about 9k and have regretted selling  it ever since. So I bought back in at a "bargain".

Edited by 4GEMWORKS

10 hours ago, 4GEMWORKS said:

I paid the 21k fot tis one a short while ago. I just wasn't willing to pay more. I had a 3.0 about 10 years ago and bought for about 5k. I sold for about 9k and have regretted selling  it ever since. So I bought back in at a "bargain".

I agree.  I really think $21k is a bargain.  A previous poster thought the detached cover is what kept the price down, but even though it's detached it's a really nice looking cover, especially the front cover.

@Ricksneatstuff Didn't want to clog up the new this week thread, so...

In regards to your new #50, that copy looks great! What do you think it would have come back as sans the 'poor' PQ? Furthermore, how do you really feel about tan or slightly brittle? Especially if the copy in question looks way better than the grade? I recently purchased a book, I will post when it arrives, that I had the same conundrum with. Slightly brittle PQ, but a very nice presenting book. I went for it. Do you feel like the slab sort of protects the book from itself, meaning the pages are less likely to be affected when encapsulated? 

Hi All.  After scrolling through the Mile High thread, I noticed not a single Archie (or Pep, etc) has been posted.   I assume the Mile High collection includes some Archie comics.  Is there much known about which Archie comics exist from this collection?  Any images out there?  Thanks.