• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

86602308-aa25-4bbe-87ed-c75e78bb55b6_zpsrywoig4h.JPG

To your point, I have been unable to find a copy of this without writing on the cover, detached cover or higher than 4.5. Almost every copy I have ever seen has writing on the cover for some reason. To be fair I haven't chased it like I have other books, but I have always been watching it to see if I could snag a decent copy. 

:golfclap: Your book is sharp :cloud9:

Thanks for the welcome Archiecomicscollector. I bought this Archie #9 at the same time as the #10. I sent this to CGC as I thought it looked better than the 10. It came back with the restored label. It doesn't really bother me as it's still a pretty nice book and the restoration is pretty light. This was probably graded in 2002 or so. I wonder if the grade would be different if I were to unslab it and send it back in? Does CGC even count a piece of tape on the back cover as restoration anymore? 

DSCN1151 (2).JPG

DSCN1155 (2).JPG

7 hours ago, TheycallmeArchie said:

This was probably graded in 2002 or so. I wonder if the grade would be different if I were to unslab it and send it back in? Does CGC even count a piece of tape on the back cover as restoration anymore? 

I think you should see if that glue/tape can be removed.  I think there's a chance the future of this comic could be a 2.5-3.0 blue (with a detached cover).

On 12/18/2018 at 2:22 PM, Sqeggs said:

CGC quality control at its less than finest.  I had the book reholdered but never rescanned it. 

86602308-aa25-4bbe-87ed-c75e78bb55b6_zpsrywoig4h.JPG

Doesn't anyone compare the label to the book before encapsulating it? hm I wonder which title it's listed under in the census.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:16 PM, lotemo said:

Doesn't anyone compare the label to the book before encapsulating it? hm I wonder which title it's listed under in the census.

Since I sent it back in for them to correct, I assume they fixed it on the census -- but that may be assuming too much!

On 11/30/2018 at 7:26 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I avoid slightly brittle.  I’m ok with LT/OW

59ACDD0C-5999-4AC7-B42A-F33499193BEA.jpeg

I never comment about books that I consign that do poorly but I don't mind saying that you got a great book here at a great price.  I wasn't happy with the LT/OW PQ but some timing issues prevented me from asking them to reconsider the PQ.  Sometime in the future, if you decide to roll the dice, an 8.0 with C/OW could be the result.

Happy New Year everybody. Here is my Archie #8. It is the worst of the 3 I bought together. There is a small binding tear and the cover is attached at the staple but not as securely as I would like. This is actually an upgrade for me as the previous one had a loose cover and centerfold. This is a hard one for me to find in decent shape. I'm not really looking to upgrade this one but if the right copy came along, I could be persuaded.

DSCN1016 (2).JPG

On 1/2/2019 at 9:30 PM, ThothAmon said:

0203949C-8C72-4C13-A153-2FBFEA9135B8.jpeg

For any of you wondering I'm the old guy with the mustache staring at Veronica.  Anybody get a chance to see this auction. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Archie-Comics-1-10-Golden-Age-Comic-/333004798388?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720  Messaged him three times, no response.  Is eBay's buyer protection really that good?

3 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

For any of you wondering I'm the old guy with the mustache staring at Veronica.  Anybody get a chance to see this auction. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Archie-Comics-1-10-Golden-Age-Comic-/333004798388?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720  Messaged him three times, no response.  Is eBay's buyer protection really that good?

:ohnoez:

Nice stache' by the way! Almost as nice as that 13:baiting: