• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Highest graded with a well-known pedigree. It's a very high number, but I'm sure that's the driver.

27 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Maybe it’s the label that says Suscha news but clearly an otherwise late silver high grade nameless Archie, at least to my knowledge. 

Not sure about the book or price but thought the story behind the pedigree was cool:
https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/1809/Suscha-News-Collection/

5 hours ago, TheycallmeArchie said:

I have a question for everybody. Is anybody aware of the non Archie stories in issues 1-10 being reprinted anywhere or available anywhere? Cubby, Squoimy the Worm, etc. They may be fun to read just because of how bad they probably are. Thanks for any help.

I'm not aware of them being reprinted although some may have found their way into the digests.  I believe that Archie Comics Digest #236 reprinted Archie #1 in its entirety so they may have reprinted more Cubby and Squoimy and Bumbie stories in other digests.  They crank out so many books and collections nowadays that I can't even keep up with them.

18 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Is it safe to say that Archie 50 is the most graded Archie/Archie related book? Including all Archie Publications and MLJ. 

No, there are 122 copies of Archie 50 listed in the Census.  There are 188 copies of Betty and Veronica 320 (146 regular and 42 Canadian).  If you include all of the variants, there are over 500 copies of Afterlife with Archie #1 in the Census.

On 3/11/2020 at 6:52 AM, 143ksk said:

Looks like my old copy :)

Hey Steve, yes it is. I didn't know that when I was thinking about buying it but once I did some research and found out it was, and then offered a pretty good deal from the seller, I decided to get it. 

Edited by TheycallmeArchie

48 minutes ago, TheycallmeArchie said:

Hey Steve, yes it is. I didn't know that when I was thinking about buying it but once I did some research and found out it was, and then offered a pretty good deal from the seller, I decided to get it. 

Congrats! Other than the chip top right it's a very nice copy of a book you don't see a lot of nice copies of.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:06 PM, ThothAmon said:

Maybe it’s the label that says Suscha news but clearly an otherwise late silver high grade nameless Archie, at least to my knowledge. 

It's not quite nameless - this series pre-dates Sabrina #1 by over a year. Prior to this, she had an ongoing backup series in Mad House, but rarely made the cover. My understanding from interviews is that Archie Comics didn't know how popular Sabrina was with readers until the TV network decided to feature her in a cartoon, which prompted them to launch this book - Archie's TV Laugh Out is an anthology featuring the Archie characters who were appearing in cartoons. The success of the cartoon and this series prompted them to launch Sabrina's own series in 1971, and Chilling Adventures in Sorcery in 1972, but this pre-dates both. 

I think some collectors would view it as the first Sabrina #1, as it says "starring Sabrina..." on the cover and features her prominently. Either way, though I don't know for sure, I'd think it's a key book for Sabrina collectors.