• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

To all you big gun GA Archie collectors, thank you for indulging me and posting these gems!

I've now concluded that I feel many Archies in the era circa issue #50 are under-recognized gems, and you guys ARE quietly hoarding them on the cheap!

Your secret is safe with me; carry on.....(uh, can I keep my 41???)

A voldy restored Archie 1 3.5 Slight/Moderate sold recently on ebay for $15,477.

There were some piece's added to cover and interior, color touch, staples cleaned, a page was trimmed, and a moderate amount of tape to cover and interior.

That seems like a pretty strong price for that much resto.

But maybe A1 is heating up again? Will the Riverdale show affect prices on this?

I think so. A 1.8 blue sold at auction at comicconect in april 2016 for 25,500$

The CW Archie series That starts will certainly garner more following and interest for this Archie 1

presents alot higher since the cover is detached would have gotten a 5.0 with cover attached.

Im thinking 35k to 40k for this cgc blue 3.0 blue label

wouldnt be surprised that it goes 45k.

super rare book and iconic. 75th anniversary also

anything under 25k is a major steal. 30k a bargain

So, what did it sell for?

I totally get and love the Archie 50 cover; but I feel like #'s 41 and 44 are completely overshadowed but probably the #2 & 3 headlights covers among the first 50.

Pretty much the entire Montana run from 41-50 are great covers. My favorite after 50 is 48.

Sounds as though most collectors have their own personal favorite(s) after #50. No surprise there as that whole Montana run is nothing but top notch. (thumbs u

My own personal favorite of the bunch is issue 46 with a plethora of tightly dressed femme fatales with purposely drawn headlights for you to choose from. :cloud9:

A voldy restored Archie 1 3.5 Slight/Moderate sold recently on ebay for $15,477.

There were some piece's added to cover and interior, color touch, staples cleaned, a page was trimmed, and a moderate amount of tape to cover and interior.

That seems like a pretty strong price for that much resto.

But maybe A1 is heating up again? Will the Riverdale show affect prices on this?

I think so. A 1.8 blue sold at auction at comicconect in april 2016 for 25,500$

The CW Archie series That starts will certainly garner more following and interest for this Archie 1

presents alot higher since the cover is detached would have gotten a 5.0 with cover

Im thinking 35k to 40k for this cgc blue 3.0 blue label

wouldnt be surprised that it goes 45k.

super rare book and iconic. 75th anniversary also

anything under 25k is a major steal. 30k a bargain

So, what did it sell for?

sold for a nice bargain 29388$ 30k since the cw series will bring archie back on the map!

As i predicted

The holy grail for archie collectors:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=677629

sitting at a ridiculously low 8.1k

with a 1.5 unrestore selling for 38k

This 7.0 voldy with superb resto as comicconnect notes will garner

30k plus

it so rare!! The rarest of the top ten of golden age grails!!