• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Yeah.  This was a case where I was willing to overpay some because the book looked great. 

Maybe one more bid would’ve taken it down. 

Apart from the bit of foxing, it looked very nice. It's easily the highest price for a copy recorded on GPA.  Kudos to George for getting these prices up so quickly. 

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Well, I hope you got it. It was a very nice 7.5. Better looking than the 8.0 that was up recently. 

Look at this 8.0. This is ludicrous.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/archie-comics-50-archie-1951-cgc-vf-80-off-white-pages/p/7177-11001.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Gonna kill GPA:cry:

Edited by Junkdrawer

1 minute ago, Junkdrawer said:

Yeah, it is gonna be weird with a $6,000 7.5 and a $4500 8.0 a few months after.

20 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

All I know is after this last weekend I am feeling a little better about the potential values of the books in my collection... :banana:

and a lot more remorseful about the stuff I have sold. :flamed:

I don't collect Archie but since I was a wee lad, I have always been a Betty over Veronica luster :x  so #50 had been on my wants.  About a year or twp ago, I won this raw on Ebay.  The seller said it belonged to her mother and it actually went cheap compared to other sales I had seen back then.  I normally would not buy raw on Ebay but thought I would take a chance.  The seller didn't offer a grade - just front and back pictures.  I did ask for her to count the pages and it was complete.  I sent it in for grading and it turned out okay.  It is the only GA Archie Comics I own.

1811161151221.jpg

On 11/19/2017 at 3:27 PM, Cliff R. said:

Well, at least you didn't let the high bidder get it cheap. (thumbsu

I finally figured your avatar out  @Cliff R. ! i knew it was familiar but couldn't place it

but now i know, it as the artist who will teach you to draw on the full page advertisements in early marvel 

nice avatar (thumbsu