• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worth the wait

4 posts in this topic

ASM 298 and 300

If you read my first journal you may remember that I took 10 books from my collection to ECCC on March 3rd to be CGC'd. This was my first experience with professional grading. They were submitted in different tiers and have been trickling back ever since. It has been an interesting and thrilling experience hoping for the best and sometimes settling for the worst. Of course there was that mysterious bubble that showed up on back side of all the CGC cases(more on this later).

The last three which I submitted as modern tier arrived home yesterday so that would be about 70 days since drop off. These three: 1 copy of ASM 298 and 2 copies of ASM 300 were the only books submitted that I bought new. By 1988 I had been collecting for 4 years and took pretty good care of my books. I was a regular reader of ASM and my dad always thought it was smart to buy a couple of copies of milestone books. When they were still priced in the buck range, I usually would, so I ended up with a few copies of ASM 300. Most of the time this policy has left me with multiples of *spoon* but this time the universe aligned for the 300th ASM to have early McFarlane and the first Venom.

I have been very curious to see what grade I would get on books that I bought, read, bagged and then stored away. Well no disappointment here. 9.8's across the board and interestingly enough no bubble on the back. I had pretty much resigned myself that the bubble was a fact of life, but now that these three came back sans bubble I'm reconsidering my decision to not make a fuss earlier. Does anyone have an opinion about whether I have missed my window of opportunity to make a further complaint about the bubbles?

13611.jpg

See more journals by Hepgwyn