• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Romance Comics
9 9

281 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2013 at 6:25 PM, Kill.Kill.Kill.-migration said:

Great cover on this one :headbang:

Bonus issue that came with the 3 Beatles covers: Girls Romances 104 (he ain't no McCartney, but Chamberlain was at his peak as Dr. Kildare when this issue hit the stands in 1964; and to think Bill Peters had the gall to impersonate the good doctor). Wondering if the film noted on the poster in the background is the 1963 Chamberlain film "Twilight of Honor"?

DSCF3563.JPG

11 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Thanks! I was sitting there just waiting for it to go up .... but it didn't and I was pretty surprised.  (thumbsu

I had a $55 place holder bid on that one and forgot about it.  At least I ended up with one of the Heart Throbs issues though. congrats!  Great Kirby cover

6 hours ago, Jonathan78 said:

I had a $55 place holder bid on that one and forgot about it.  At least I ended up with one of the Heart Throbs issues though. congrats!  Great Kirby cover

Thanks much! It's one of the few Kirby romance covers that I have. Always looking for more though. Congrats on the Heart Throb! 

Great looking copy Rob of a bonafide SA romance grail!  Who knew you had such a gem??  :baiting:

DC = Dark Cloud, as far as romance went, at least until BA.  Different publishers staked out different editorial territory.  Both Charlton and Atlas had a more balanced view of affairs of the heart.

GirlsLove49fc100.jpg.9eef3f29bc5b9218e036c37a304d7fe4.jpg

JustMarried04f.thumb.jpg.323e201b2f0132532cdbb28e37b1bd41.jpg

Lovers70fc100.jpg.b68fb4dc2e1d20c17aba79e17f38816f.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love