• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3

8 posts in this topic

Tidying up in one of my rooms, I found a box with some nice Turtles books in.

Unfortunatly the #3 has what looks like a hole in the cover from someone removing the price sticker.

I am not sure what this would do to the grade.

What do you reckon guys ?

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle3fc.jpg

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle3fc-Copy.jpg

Turtles3bc.jpg

That's a really tough call. Other than the hole, the book looks really nice, even perhaps 9.6 territory. With the hole, I'd guess a 6.5 and perhaps up to an 8. This is the kind of book that gives graders fits. I'm curious what others think.

Looks 9.2 w/out puncture. Because grading is so subjective due to personal preference (even when professional) on tolerance of presentation, the ques is what is threshold grade for unsightly defects. The old school in me says VG/FN. I think this mind set has changed, but I am not there yet.

8.5 without the hole.

My first blush would be to call it a 3.0 but thinking in terms of comic grading, this is no worse than a piece the size of a dime missing. If I think about it in those terms, I could see it being a 5.5 at best but reality just hit me and there's no way I would personally buy it as a FN- so I'm thinking lower at 4.0-4.5 range if it sat in a slab?