MOTOR CITY COMIC CON, May 16-18, 2014, Novi, MI.

37 posts in this topic

HOTFLIPS   
  • 8,065 posts

Great Con, Looking forward to the next one

11 months, 29 Days to go :banana:

Bills Comics   
  • 676 posts

Have you considered setting up for Detroit Fanfare ? Or does it coincide with another show you set up at ?

electricprune   
  • 4,862 posts
Have you considered setting up for Detroit Fanfare ? Or does it coincide with another show you set up at ?

They set up at the one at Cobo.

Bills Comics   
  • 676 posts

Ah, ok I was there a few years ago but I couldnt walk , my ankle was messed up. I didnt get to really walk around and check much out .

I am just trying to help grow Fanfare . Im not a fan of the guy who is in charge of it . But I like having two big local cons . Book ended on either side of the summertime .

catrick339   
  • 12,769 posts
Ah, ok I was there a few years ago but I couldnt walk , my ankle was messed up. I didnt get to really walk around and check much out .

I am just trying to help grow Fanfare . Im not a fan of the guy who is in charge of it . But I like having two big local cons . Book ended on either side of the summertime .

Yeah, what he said.

Solid con, hope it continues to prosper

jjonahjameson1   
  • 2,638 posts

So did this show actually happen? Was it worthwhile? Any convention reports/photos? Anything? :baiting:

Bearcatcoach   
  • 204 posts

We'll be there! Don't know booth placements yet but I figure to be in the same location we have been the last several years.

Last year was one of the craziest Saturdays ever! I would have hated to be a fan trying to get in. Traffic jams getting into the convention center and a line wrapping around the building to get in....just nuts!

I believe steps have been taken by Motor City to alleviate those problems this year for a better experience for the fan coming in.

Always an enjoyable show...can't wait until next month!

blazingbob   
  • 6,178 posts

Because of my recent relapse of GBS I'm not able to do Motor city this year.

Would any dealer be interested in buying my booth?

I have a endcap for this show.

If you are interested please pm me. Assuming we can work this out you would then have to contact Michael Goldman.

thank you,

bob

Par2ch   
  • 6,970 posts

First time going to this show, great guest list

HOTFLIPS   
  • 8,065 posts

Yes, we will be returning once again :headbang:

22 Days to go :banana:

Sharkey   
  • 5,476 posts

I'll be there working with Ted as a hired hand in the Superworld Comics booth!

:banana:

Mattk3447   
  • 98 posts

Is there a public list of the dealers/vendors that will have booths at mccc? Right now I only collect modern books and with most of the books I'm looking for are middle of the run books, most vendors don't bother bringing those types of books to cons. I would like to see if any dealers might be able to bring what I'm looking for, since I'm only looking for one title.

Sharkey   
  • 5,476 posts

Motor City Exhibitor List

(thumbs u

Is there a public list of the dealers/vendors that will have booths at mccc? Right now I only collect modern books and with most of the books I'm looking for are middle of the run books, most vendors don't bother bringing those types of books to cons. I would like to see if any dealers might be able to bring what I'm looking for, since I'm only looking for one title.