• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a picture of something that no other board member has

159 posts in this topic

But maybe no one cares, like with my rare japanese Astro Boy… :insane:

I love your foreign editions but not much into those Horror titles… :foryou:

Awww... where's the love Claudio? :sorry:

If nothing else you have to appreciate the art. After all... it's still the Adams cover for House of Secrets #81. :cloud9:

Yes, I love Adams, and I may even love the writer (don’t know who is), but problem is I can’t get much affectioned in these one-shot horror stories which – it seems to me – follow the model of Creepy and Eerie. Or am I wrong? hm

Every now and then I think to myself,self I say. hm

Yes, I love Adams, and I may even love the writer (don’t know who is), but problem is I can’t get much affectioned in these one-shot horror stories which – it seems to me – follow the model of Creepy and Eerie. Or am I wrong? hm
I'd have to look to be certain but I believe the writers on this one were Mike Friedrich & Gerry Conway. Possibly Len Wein too? I've always been a fan of the DC horror anthologies just because of the variety of writing and art talent that was involved.

I'm not sure if they started this format before or after Warren started publishing Eerie & Creepy. I do know there's a lot of crossover in the talent involved though.

Both Mike Friedrich and Gerry Conway are among my most appreciated writers, but as I said it’s more a question of having leading characters in the stories, with an ongoing narration: I never got affectioned to single, isolated stories meant as serial episodes.

@Oakman: Go slab some comics! lol

Both Mike Friedrich and Gerry Conway are among my most appreciated writers, but as I said it’s more a question of having leading characters in the stories, with an ongoing narration: I never got affectioned to single, isolated stories meant as serial episodes.

@Oakman: Go slab some comics! lol

My affection for books like these is probably due to the first comic I remember reading. It was Monster Hunters #1 from Charlton. It was pretty much the same type of format.

SuperDCGiant18.jpg

Wrong thread.

That one goes in the "Post a picture of something that no other board member wants" thread.

I want it. Give me this esoteric stuff every day over common as dirt superhero books.

Believe it or not this book was common as dirt back in the early seventies because they could not give them away. Remaindered copies (with and w/o covers) were all over suburban New Jersey where I grew up frequenting the used book and magazine stores at flea makets. They sold for five to ten cents and no one bought them!

SuperDCGiant18.jpg

Wrong thread.

That one goes in the "Post a picture of something that no other board member wants" thread.

I want it. Give me this esoteric stuff every day over common as dirt superhero books.

Believe it or not this book was common as dirt back in the early seventies because they could not give them away. Remaindered copies (with and w/o covers) were all over suburban New Jersey where I grew up frequenting the used book and magazine stores at flea makets. They sold for five to ten cents and no one bought them!

Yes, but how many ended up 9.6?

SuperDCGiant18.jpg

Wrong thread.

Yes, but how many ended up 9.6?

Only this one, because only Don Rosa actually bought and kept one off the stands!