• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Top 5 sketch covers in your collection?
7 7

231 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2019 at 11:49 PM, Ehabsamuel said:

Top 5 (and 1 honorable mention):

Campbell:

F1C528DD-2C64-43E7-A0FA-0073CD3D538C.thumb.jpeg.d78b7f4ad4162b0aa4e7f3a64bbae9c9.jpeg

Lee/Leisten:

70394F86-2905-403F-8FCF-88EFF2D73B0A.thumb.jpeg.813ccd722259cdb731fb3d413212aed8.jpeg

Miller:

BF7965BD-B519-446A-A84F-23795A4B82D6.thumb.jpeg.f6afec5e9d29d0afb81b95a272daddee.jpeg494E4041-B2C1-4623-9E29-1BAE0C15A517.thumb.jpeg.2b228462b6e092b0a5e49b3ca97c2610.jpegEF8473AA-703E-447C-B708-3484730C5825.thumb.jpeg.ad342ebb308d88c393dec8ab96c12e16.jpegC69C6F4D-343B-428A-80C0-E7FC4119C087.thumb.jpeg.cf231cb4ba941433ee46fe7f0584de71.jpeg

Really like the Robin.  Carrie Kelly.  How did you get the sketches from Frank? Was it St a show or comic bookstore?

Edited by Brooklynmet

On 11/17/2019 at 3:34 PM, Brooklynmet said:

Really like the Robin.  Carrie Kelly.  How did you get the sketches from Frank? Was it St a show or comic bookstore?

Hi, there were some sketches available on the boards years ago when Frank and his CGC reps were promoting DK3. The Batman red ink head sketch was at a private Frank Miller meet’n’greet event at FanExpo Canada 2016 (you entered a lottery to get a chance at attending) where the DK3 team was also signing.

A few years back, I bought a Captain America shield with multiple signatures on it. Some familiar from the comic industry such as Stan Lee, Steranko, Zeck and others who wrote, drew or were part of Captain America's comic history. One large signature that was also on the shield belonged to a gentleman named Allen Bellman. I've been collecting comics for many years and since I grew up in San Diego, loved to attend conventions in San Diego or the Seattle area where I now live but I couldn't recall hearing the name, Allen Bellman. Well, I turned to the Internet and much to my surprise, I learned that Allen Bellman was one of, if not the last living artist from the Timely Comic (pre-Marvel) days. I went to his website and put in an order for a signed copy of his autobiography and a print of his artwork. Shortly after that, I received an email directly from Allen to confirm my order and thank me. Wait, what? The artist sending a personal email after I ordered something. Well I thought to myself, I'll have to do some more here. I then began a correspondence with him about two commissions I wanted him to do. I am a lifelong Submariner fan and commissioned one of just "Subby" as Allen called him and a trio of the "Original Three" Captain America, The Human Torch and Submariner in full fighting Axis pose. This was all in late 2019 and Allen even asked for my phone number. We talked a few times about the commission and I couldn't get over the personal touch that he brought. He really wanted to get things right. After reading his autobiography, I was amazed at his story of leaving the comic industry and coming back to the spotlight the past few years with the MCU movies gaining in popularity. He was invited to the Captain America premier, started to do the comic convention circuit and even through out a first pitch for the Florida Marllins. I've seen it quoted and he said a few times on the phone to me also, "If not for the fans, I would be in a rocking chair."
I got my commissions from Allen and was proud to own a true part of history. I didn't get a chance to meet him in person at one of the conventions he was attending but intended to. Unfortunately, I read that Allen Bellman passed away at the age of 95 on March 9th, 2020.
I appreciate the time he spent with me on the commissions to get them perfect and for being a true gentlemen from what I experienced and read on various sites.

Allen Bellman.jpg

15 hours ago, rexinnih said:

A few years back, I bought a Captain America shield with multiple signatures on it. Some familiar from the comic industry such as Stan Lee, Steranko, Zeck and others who wrote, drew or were part of Captain America's comic history. One large signature that was also on the shield belonged to a gentleman named Allen Bellman. I've been collecting comics for many years and since I grew up in San Diego, loved to attend conventions in San Diego or the Seattle area where I now live but I couldn't recall hearing the name, Allen Bellman. Well, I turned to the Internet and much to my surprise, I learned that Allen Bellman was one of, if not the last living artist from the Timely Comic (pre-Marvel) days. I went to his website and put in an order for a signed copy of his autobiography and a print of his artwork. Shortly after that, I received an email directly from Allen to confirm my order and thank me. Wait, what? The artist sending a personal email after I ordered something. Well I thought to myself, I'll have to do some more here. I then began a correspondence with him about two commissions I wanted him to do. I am a lifelong Submariner fan and commissioned one of just "Subby" as Allen called him and a trio of the "Original Three" Captain America, The Human Torch and Submariner in full fighting Axis pose. This was all in late 2019 and Allen even asked for my phone number. We talked a few times about the commission and I couldn't get over the personal touch that he brought. He really wanted to get things right. After reading his autobiography, I was amazed at his story of leaving the comic industry and coming back to the spotlight the past few years with the MCU movies gaining in popularity. He was invited to the Captain America premier, started to do the comic convention circuit and even through out a first pitch for the Florida Marllins. I've seen it quoted and he said a few times on the phone to me also, "If not for the fans, I would be in a rocking chair."
I got my commissions from Allen and was proud to own a true part of history. I didn't get a chance to meet him in person at one of the conventions he was attending but intended to. Unfortunately, I read that Allen Bellman passed away at the age of 95 on March 9th, 2020.
I appreciate the time he spent with me on the commissions to get them perfect and for being a true gentlemen from what I experienced and read on various sites.

Allen Bellman.jpg

wow! what a rapport to leave behind that he was a personable and genuinely thoughtful person! That is something we can truly be grateful for and aspire to. :x