• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Difference between BWC mylar and E Gerber Mylar

8 posts in this topic

I recently pulled my collection from the late 80's out and decided to rebag/reboard it.

I purchased a number of BWC acid free boards, only to find out that the E Gerber halfback / fullbacks are much better for the comics.

I also purchased a number of BWC mylars, and am now wondering if the same thing applies to them.

I understand the E Gerbers are cheaper, but I've already bought the BWC mylars so the cost is not an issue at this time...I'm just curious about the actual quality of the mylar comparatively.

Is there a noticeable difference in the quality of BWC mylars vs E Gerbers?

Thanks in advance for any input.

The BCW boards are spawn of the devil.

More than a few times I've heard people say the BCW boards are not as good. Besides being grossly overpriced compared to the Gerbers, what is wrong with the BCW's? I've always been happy with the Gerbers ( thanks Drew) but I am curious.

mschmidt's acid free thread is great, until the BCW rep comes in with the disinformation campaign.

Basically ALL coated boards are made of solid bleached sulfate (SBS) which becomes highly acidic very shortly after manufacture. They are marketed as "acid free" and collectors assume that means they will not damage their books which is FALSE.