• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

...and the RonnyLama says

7 posts in this topic

Or can the New Mutants wait?

I already decided to get three of my New Mutants graded when RonnyLama called to answer a question I had when he blurts out why don't you get that ASM 252 signed by Stan Lee. This off course would stop me from getting the New Mutants signed. I can't do both, only one or the other. Then there's that beautiful issue three hundred of ASM.

The live of my New Mutants collection is well known. So with any tough decision, more information is needed. I sent a text to Bagofleas and decided to pick his brain. He decided a phone call would be more prudent, so after a twelve minute something seconds phone call my decision was not more clear than it was before the call. Yes, made a kit if good points, very intelligent points, but I'm still nervousness about the outcome.

I am getting two books signed by the Icon. Can I afford one more. Should I press my DD#1? Should I try for the Annual #4? Should I win the lottery before I collect anymore? Well, time for work, let's see how this night goes, at the very least I will have time to think about it.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

13690.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

i say go with your heart. If it sings New Mutants... you got to go with that.

Stan's a great signature and all... but he really had nothing to do with ASM 252.

And you all ready have his signature on DD1 and most importantly ASM 129.

I say stick with NM's and maybe get Stan to sign some of those.

SW3D

I think sw3d is right on this. I have my asm 252 signed by Stan. But this was my first(of the two I have) Stan signature. You should definitely follow your heart, which I'm guessing is saying new mutants.

I do agree that going with your heart is usually better than going with your head. And having your NM issues signed would obviously be a heartfelt decision. I would certainly understand your willingness to do them ahead of the AsM 252.

But it also must be contemplated about the likelihood of these wonderful creators to still be around for their sigs. Stan Lee is getting on up there in age now and who knows if the worst could happen later this year and he is no longer around.

In contrast, Bob McLeod is far more likely to be around for quite some time. You can always get another chance for his sig.

Of course life is never predictable. Bob could die in some accident or something tomorrow and Stan go on to live another 20 years, but nobody knows what the future brings for their life or how long each of us have left.

So in the end, it comes down to a personal choice. Which choice would you most regret not making if that person were to die tomorrow?

Whatever you decide, I hope the end result is exactly what you hoped for! Good luck Bud!

(thumbs u

i say go with your heart. If it sings New Mutants... you got to go with that.

Stan's a great signature and all... but he really had nothing to do with ASM 252.

And you all ready have his signature on DD1 and most importantly ASM 129.

I say stick with NM's and maybe get Stan to sign some of those.

SW3D

Stan had nothing to do with the NMs either, so if you're telling him not to get the #252 signed by Stan because he didn't work on it, but then saying he should get the NMs, its a little inconsistent.

At the end of the day, get the signatures that will bring you the most joy/satisfaction for your collection!

Bagofleas is knocking at your NM door for the number one spot...you should get the Bob signatures. Getting the DD #3 pressed is another great idea, but it can wait, and you've already got Stan's sig on that one. Do you have any other books in your collection you love that Stan wrote? If so it might be worth considering getting his sig on that one.

sig.jpg

Surfer99, it's the number one I am thinking about pressing not the number three. I bought issue two for Stan to sign to bring me closer to my Daredevil goal. As for why having Stan Lee sign my New Mutants 15... Because I decided anyone who is mentioned in the credits should have his/her name on it and Stan Lee is listed as the presentor.