• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date Stamp Want List?
2 2

176 posts in this topic

Still like any June 30th dates.

I'm going to take this upon myself to post any stamp dates that I find.

Hopefully others will help out also and we can find some books that people are looking for!

I actually have one due to this thread. I have a mid grade Cap 117 with a June 30 date stamp on the back.

The longer this thread gets, the more difficult the research. It really needs a summary.

Also, I don't know of anyone that catalogs their inventory by Date stamp. Other than an occasional lucky hit, how is this thread supposed to work ?

Other than an occasional lucky hit, how is this thread supposed to work ?

Brotherly love. :cloud9:

lol that may work.

I think I will need to start a new thread and the 1st 2 posts will be reserved for the following - the 1st keeping track of wants and 2nd will have books that people have or have found with stamp dates.

I may be biting off more than I can chew and I'm not sure there is enough demand to do this but I'm willing to give it a shot :foryou:

I've been accumulating date stamped books for years: if it was a choice between a date-stamped copy, and a non-date-stamped copy, I went with the date-stamp every time.

Unfortunately, as someone else mentioned, I don't have them sorted by date-stamp: they're mixed in with my general collection, and I would have to go through each box and title, one at a time, to find them...

I just got a small pile of comics from 1973 with date stamps.

Thanks to this, I have now managed to bracket my birthday. I'm looking for May 9, 1973, and I now own comics with dates stamps of May 8, 1973, and May 10, 1973. 

:|

This jibes with my research from Mike's Amazing, which correctly lists different publishers as having different distribution dates at this time. Mike's had Marvel coming out on May 8, and some other publishers on May 10, which ha borne out. The comics I have are a Sgt. Fury #112 with a May 8, 1973 date, and 2 different Charlton romance comics with May 10, 1973 dates. 

I think I will only find May 9 if it's from a store that received a May 8 shipment late or something. 

On 11/4/2016 at 12:12 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

The longer this thread gets, the more difficult the research. It really needs a summary.

Also, I don't know of anyone that catalogs their inventory by Date stamp. Other than an occasional lucky hit, how is this thread supposed to work ?

I have a spreadsheet just for all my date stamps. Right now I have 99 books listed with date stamps, though it's slightly - sorry for the pun here - out of date, as I have sold off a handful of them. I also note on my spreadsheet whether it's a full date stamp, a partial, or a hand written arrival date.