• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC...This is NOT okay.

251 posts in this topic

Just received it today. First of all, this book is in NO way shape, form an 8.0. I own a LOT of books, and an 8.0 isn't even in the realm of possibility with this book. Furthermore, How the HECK do you manage to get the book THAT far off center??? Nobody would ever even buy the book with the "beautiful" centering.

photo1-3_zpsb409c4df.jpg

photo2-5_zps1a3c1aad.jpg

photo3-2_zps8c7b3739.jpg

NEW photos.

DSC_2948_zps8543838f.jpg

DSC_2949_zpsf9ffbd5b.jpg

DSC_2950_zpsdf3cf743.jpg

Maybe they meant that the book is an 8.0 now that it has been fused together with the left side of the inner well.

If you tap the book will it move?

I've never seen a slab like that. Between this and now that strange bubble on the back of recently graded books...I'd say someone in encapsulation and QC need some splainin to do....

That book had a slabbing malfunction. I'm sure CGC will compensate you for it if it is damaged, which looks likely. Send it back to them pronto. They should give you a credit for the shipping back to them as well.

That book had a slabbing malfunction. I'm sure CGC will compensate you for it if it is damaged, which looks likely. Send it back to them pronto. They should give you a credit for the shipping back to them as well.

The book is damaged. It's sealed half in and half out. I just can't possibly fathom how it could be released from QC with it being like this. Not to mention, CGC certainly won't compensate me for what the book would be worth in the 9.4-9.8 range (the book was thoroughly checked out by several people).

I am uploading new photos now.

It looks like they forgot to heat seal on eside of the inner well. Given that it can take a week for a book to get through QC, you'd think they'd have had time to realize this. But you can send it back and I am sure you can get it reholdered for free.

On the grade, I would guess there is either a stain or a non-color breaking crease somewhere.