• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Louis Pizza in Ottawa/Vanier is a great spot too!

In a rougher area,but the atmosphere is timeless;the welcome all and judge no one.I love you Louis Pizza.I remember reading a Sgt Rock comic with my papa there in the eighties,and it still feels like the same place.Same cook!

louis-restaurant-pizzeria.jpgLouis-Pizza.jpg

oh man there was a mom and pops pizza place on University ave in waterloo near Laurier and Waterloo university I loved going there back in my uni days. But damn it I can't remember the name.. 

they had a great ponzo deal and a delicious homemade crust... my mouth is watering... 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

oh man there was a mom and pops pizza place on University ave in waterloo near Laurier and Waterloo university I loved going there back in my uni days. But damn it I can't remember the name.. 

they had a great ponzo deal and a delicious homemade crust... my mouth is watering... 

Louis has been about since the sixties,egg bread crust is the house secret,special.

Think man,think!I hope the parlour is still open,sad when Ma and Pa places close,especially near Uni's,means the poor students must be hungry!

I only know University in Hogtown,sorta,and that's Little Japan,no?

On 11/13/2019 at 10:24 AM, Hepcat said:

Everything and anything I liked!

Some posters found it very entertaining! I started it in the Silver Age forum in 2011 and some time in 2016 or so it was moved to the Journals.

:)

Oh groan. Not only did I fail to get my old thread moved and unlocked, even the new thread I started to continue the old one is now locked.

:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

Oh groan. Not only did I fail to get my old thread moved and unlocked, even the new thread I started to continue the old one is now locked.

:facepalm:

Why is the new one locked Hepcat? And why wouldn't they move your old one? 

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Why is the new one locked Hepcat? And why wouldn't they move your old one? 

Given that the new one does not deal exclusively with comics, they think it should be in either New Journals or Water Cooler. So they locked the new one. Most inconveniently it was locked just a few minutes before I was ready to post a few words correcting some misinformation about Heckle and Jeckle.

Since I find the New Journals format strange, I'm not comfortable with it. When I therefore asked whether the old thread could be transferred to the Water Cooler, they just said "No".

The new thread has evidently just been moved to the Water Cooler and unlocked.

(shrug)

7 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

Given that the new one does not deal exclusively with comics, they think it should be in either New Journals or Water Cooler. So they locked the new one. Most inconveniently it was locked just a few minutes before I was ready to post a few words correcting some misinformation about Heckle and Jeckle.

Since I find the New Journals format strange, I'm not comfortable with it. When I therefore asked whether the old thread could be transferred to the Water Cooler, they just said "No".

(shrug)

Who were you dealing with? Mod or Admin? PM me if you'd prefer

8 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

(shrug)

My bad on misinformation lol I was maybe 6 or 7 when I first saw the Magpies :shy: thank you for correcting me :foryou: 

25 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
29 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

(shrug)

Who were you dealing with? Mod or Admin? PM me if you'd prefer

14 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

Who were you dealing with? Mod or Admin?

CGCmod2

(shrug)

@Scott =) @dena

Guys, would you mind checking this please. Hepcat has returned from hibernation and would like to continue to regale us with his wondrous tales. No disrespect meant to CGCmod2, but I think Hepcat is the kind of chap we should be helping, not hindering. Do you agree?

If so, would you drop him a line and maybe see if you could reopen his old Journal for him? I seem to recall that was an option when the old journals were shelved? Also, I see no reason at all why it should not be placed in Comics General, where it will get a much larger audience than in the pit of despair that is the WC. It has comic related content so should sit in CG happily I think. Besides, if you compare it to some of the threads that are allowed in CG, I'm sure you'll agree this would be a sensible move. 

45 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Also, I see no reason at all why it should not be placed in Comics General, where it will get a much larger audience than in the pit of despair that is the WC. It has comic related content so should sit in CG happily I think. Besides, if you compare it to some of the threads that are allowed in CG, I'm sure you'll agree this would be a sensible move. 

Hold on. I get that you want it in comics general but why should his stay there and not someone else’s. Furthermore what’s to stop anyone of the other journals requesting the same.

no exception should be made

11 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Hold on. I get that you want it in comics general but why should his stay there and not someone else’s. Furthermore what’s to stop anyone of the other journals requesting the same.

Exceptions have already been made haven't they? I thought when the old journals got locked some boardies had theirs moved to other areas of the boards as they didn't want to use the new journal format. Hepcat's has comic content, so his can move to CG on that basis if that's what he wants. The vast majority of the new journals are comic related. If the OPs started them in CG, no one would bat an eyelid. They choose to use the journal functionality rather than are forced to. 

37 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Also, I see no reason at all why it should not be placed in Comics General, where it will get a much larger audience than in the pit of despair that is the WC. It has comic related content so should sit in CG happily I think. Besides, if you compare it to some of the threads that are allowed in CG, I'm sure you'll agree this would be a sensible move. 

Agreed. The journal section was created specifically for this sort of user content. It should be there, not CG

1 minute ago, Jeffro™ said:

Agreed. The journal section was created specifically for this sort of user content. 

But it is the members choice whether to use it.

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:
2 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:

Agreed. The journal section was created specifically for this sort of user content. 

But it is the members choice whether to use it.

Yes it is but that shouldn't be used as an excuse to allow for a free for all where users get to post anything anywhere simply because they want to. Again, the journal section was created for this type of content. If he's uncomfortable with the journal format, start using it and get comfortable. Not that hard