• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Hold on. I get that you want it in comics general but why should his stay there and not someone else’s. Furthermore what’s to stop anyone of the other journals requesting the same.

no exception should be made

I actually didn't start my old "Hepcat Will Still Be Hepcat" thread in Journals. I started it in the Silver Age forum back in 2011 as a satire on the name change VintageComics was planning and it then developed from there as I kept thinking of subjects about which I could write. It remained in the Silver Age forum until 2016 or so when one of the mods decided to move it into Journals because I was putting stuff in it that wasn't specifically comics related.

(shrug)

2 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:

Yes it is but that shouldn't be used as an excuse to allow for a free for all where users get to post anything anywhere simply because they want to. Again, the journal section was created for this type of content. If he's uncomfortable with the journal format, start using it and get comfortable. Not that hard

That's a fairly terse ending to your post there Jeffro. And this is supposed to be a positive thread to make CG better :bigsmile:

The new journal status is a huge screw up on CGC's part.  Instead of just merging the old journals into the new format when the boards made the switch in 2017, they locked all the journals, in an outdated format.   People could start new journals, and get their old (locked) journal attacked to it in the form of a link.  Then, people were told they could get their journal moved to wherever they wanted.  :facepalm:  

I don't see how this mess could ever get cleaned up.  

6 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

I actually didn't start my old "Hepcat Will Still Be Hepcat" thread in Journals. I started it in the Silver Age forum back in 2011 as a satire on the name change VintageComics was planning and it then developed from there as I kept thinking of subjects about which I could write. It remained in the Silver Age forum until 2016 or so when one of the mods decided to move it into Journals because I was putting stuff in it that wasn't specifically comics related.

(shrug)

In my opinion you're cool Hepcat. I'm not sure why some people are getting so het up over it. It's not for others to say what a journal should look like or not. And if every thread in CG that had some non-comic content got moved half of them would need moving!

I've made my position clear and have no more to add, but I do hope you get what you want. Let's see what Scott and / or Dena think. 

Just now, Jeffro™ said:

If they choose to move it back here then so be it. Maybe I should start my own here in CG hm Maybe everyone should hm hm hm  

You're just being cranky Jeffro. It doesn't matter. A thread in CG with a mixture of comic and non-comic content isn't a big deal. If it's enjoyable, and people like it, what's the harm? If it's rubbish, it will soon die off. 

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
4 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:

If they choose to move it back here then so be it. Maybe I should start my own here in CG hm Maybe everyone should hm hm hm  

You're just being cranky Jeffro. It doesn't matter. A thread in CG with a mixture of comic and non-comic content isn't a big deal. If it's enjoyable, and people like it, what's the harm? If it's rubbish, it will soon die off. 

Oh no, not cranky, completely serious. I'm sure many of us could construct compelling comic/comic related journal type threads here in CG that would add nothing but goodwill and positivity to the forum.   

3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Idk about that. You're still here. :baiting:

2 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:

Oh no, not cranky, completely serious. I'm sure many of us could construct compelling comic/comic related journal type threads here in CG that would add nothing but goodwill and positivity to the forum.   

I've no idea what you mean by that Jeffro! Say what you want to say mate. Get it off your chest. 

Anyway, I've just sent Jim a PM and told him I've started a fight in his 'positive thread to make Comics General better' :bigsmile:

What I noted about this whole CGC forum more than a decade ago is that it's more about the business of comics than appreciation for the content found within comics. My "Hepcat Will Still Be Hepcat" thread was/is all about my love of comics and other collectibles because of their aesthetic merit. There's nary a word in that thread about prices or the business of comics. I hope that there's still a place on this forum for us old-fashioned collecting enthusiasts.

:frown:

Incidentally I see that two of my posting buddies' Journal threads "Tales of the Comic Book Room" and "AJD's Comic Notebook" are now in the Golden Age forum.

(shrug)

1 minute ago, Hepcat said:

Incidentally I see that two of my posting buddies' Journal threads "Tales of the Comic Book Room" and "AJD's Comic Notebook" are now in the Golden Age forum.

(shrug)

Yes, they asked for them to be moved there at the time of the migration and no one complained. They are much enjoyed threads. 

Play nice laddies! :sumo:

I don't  see an issue with Heps thread being where he wants it.AJD,myself,Robot Man and numerous others have journal like threads with comic,comic related and whatever the heck we like to post in the Gold forum-that don't always focus on GA.The new journal formats are a pain to access as a reader and as a contributor.I'd like to think if someone doesn't want to be forced to use that carparse area they shouldn't have to.What's the harm with someone having a thread that is MOSTLY comic and comic related stuff in the area of their choice.

I know if I was forced to view AJD or Robots or Marty Manns top two in my collection or Hepcats in that mess of a journal and gallery ect area this place would be sorely lacking in fun and enjoyment to me.I'm sure that Buzz's and RMA's journals have interesting stuff that I might enjoy,but I likely will never see or enjoy it because of where they are-that carparse (imho)journal section.

No one wants to be slagged of to the watercooler wasteland unless they are spoiling for a fight or mass chaos lol 

assand.jpg.2927e49dfd47c04058e0d7f77afadf2d.jpg

25 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:

Be a good idea! Threads with comic content are always a pleasant diversion from those about which comic has the most price appreciation/depreciation potential.

(thumbsu

Edited by Hepcat

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

Play nice laddies! :sumo:

I don't  see an issue with Heps thread being where he wants it.AJD,myself,Robot Man and numerous others have journal like threads with comic,comic related and whatever the heck we like to post in the Gold forum-that don't always focus on GA.The new journal formats are a pain to access as a reader and as a contributor.I'd like to think if someone doesn't want to be forced to use that carparse area they shouldn't have to.What's the harm with someone having a thread that is MOSTLY comic and comic related stuff in the area of their choice.

I know if I was forced to view AJD or Robots or Marty Manns top two in my collection or Hepcats in that mess of a journal and gallery ect area this place would be sorely lacking in fun and enjoyment to me.I'm sure that Buzz's and RMA's journals have interesting stuff that I might enjoy,but I likely will never see or enjoy it because of where they are-that carparse (imho)journal section.

No one wants to be slagged of to the watercooler wasteland unless they are spoiling for a fight or mass chaos lol 

Well said Jim! A rare sane voice amongst the naysayers :headbang:

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Why does anyone care where anyone posts anything ever? Post 'em all and let Galactus sort 'em out, I always say.

Exactly.