• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

:cloud9:  Happy memories?Makes me smile!

Canadian Tire and Consumers,Zellers,Kmart-oh,the childhood toy sections of our youth! I still have a single wing around somehow.I really have to resist getting comics for a bit to tuck some loonies away to get one.Obscure,but I see them on the bay.A boxed example would be nice,but mine was set up with the GI Joe HQ base that morning,right in front of the tree,so I received it loose to start.That was the best Christmas I ever remember.

R.I.P. Joes,that were shot with the pellet gun or sold to buy comics when finding moneyback pop bottles was slow.

Edit-do you remember the Nintendo game?

R.I.P Joe is right on.  We not only shot the hell out of them.... We lit them on fire with gas and matches... not much else to do growing up in Saskatchewan as a young kid. Heck, we were probably smoking a pack of DuMaurier or Players as young 12 year olds burning those poor plastic buggers.

I don't remember the game on that day but to this day I still collect a lot of the harder to find and expensive Nintendo (NES) stuff.

Edited by Red_Hood

20 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

It hurts like hell,but here's Penny,rest in peace good girl,after chewing @trmoore54 's Hulk book that was being mailed around.

59ff76ce5805c_!.thumb.jpg.b53eb73d61081bcff5686e0bfe5e1557.jpg

That dog and this place saved my life,so,hospital humour,B-positive,like my blood!jimpen.jpg.da05ee1589a2d0fb8c6cc1f058b074d3.jpg

I miss her gang,so much and it hits me all the time.Effing cancer.

Hey Jim...just seeing this...sorry for your loss.  As in life, and as in grieving it's always a good idea to inteject a little humour in our remembrances.  I have to admit it was pretty funny to me when you contacted me, horrified, that your dog had chewed the HULK book...LOL.  Of course it was just a $10 dollar MM book.  Lost track of that book...think it last got sent to Peter Loves Gwen and then died...

Anyway, carry on brother.  Sad for sure but you'll always her memory.  Best...Tom

21 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

We fought as hard as we could,even if we tried the 40K chemo,we were told it would only MAYBE add another year of life,and at what quality?Really made me lose faith for a while.

penjim.jpg.24f4991eb282f8a5087bc19d7ecf0c57.jpg

She was so gentle,I'm 112 pounds in this pic,but she came everywhere with me and made sure I got my sunshine and fresh air.Pineapple pulls me like a marionette!

And here's a much loved by me funny to lighten the mood,sorry for the emo folks.Got looking through old pics posted here.

100386.jpg.48034c2d19ddee942a9f377935f4bcc8.jpg

Edit @Comicopolis what a great,great t shirt,no?

So sorry for your loss, I know it well and have had to go through it a few times. Whether it's a sudden shock, or a slow decline, it is never easy. And it's insane how much treatment can cost, and with zero guarantee that it will improve quality of life. Such tough decisions to make. But the love that the little buggers bring into our lives makes it all worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Jeffro™ said:

Couple of Charltons for Jimmers

Rookie-Cop-32.jpg

Rookie-Cop-33.jpg

So many Charltons that I haven't seen before! Those are real nice looking copies too,so sweet!

I really love the art on the brick wall on issue #33,seems to just pop off the cover.Odd to focus on,I know lol 

My want list just got a little longer!

1 hour ago, Hepcat said:

that show was awesome.. didn't realize how sexual some of those jokes and things were lol.. I remember the McDonalds happy meal toys and loving playing with them.

I have a framed Pinky and the brain strip on my bedroom wall.Growing up,I watched Merry Melodies with my gramps,and when my twenty year junior brother came along and my nephew,it was Animaniacs.Always the Flintsones at noon though :cloud9:

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

I have a framed Pinky and the brain strip on my bedroom wall.Growing up,I watched Merry Melodies with my gramps,and when my twenty year junior brother came along and my nephew,it was Animaniacs.Always the Flintsones at noon though :cloud9:

I loved the flintstones and Jetsons.