• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

Hmmmm. How about Wonder Woman 102 then which I think has among the very best renderings of Wonder Woman up until the 1970's:

latest?cb=20060427130716

???

Well,her face looks a bit Charltonish here-Avila almost,so,I love it.And of course the giant hand-I'm always a sucker for giant hands!

Here's another of my favourite WW covers.There are many I like.So many Wonder styles to choose from!

685231.jpg

85060.jpg.558911516a71e4d69bd0277b6c3924e8.jpg85089.jpg.5226f1953e9119c186c889f06e118cb8.jpg

13 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

I'm a big fan of WW covers.  I think the recurring themes of her being with giants or next to/above water are interesting.

Here's a few I have in my attachments.These two comics,purchased from jdjunker in 2009 I believe were my very first 'real' golden age hero books.I love them both.

Edited by porcupine48
Oops

43 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Well,her face looks a bit Charltonish here-Avila almost,so,I love it.

Yes! It's her face that I like the most on the #102 cover.

But as far as Bronze Age Wonder Woman comics go such as the #229, they're all fabulous! Here's another I have scanned:

13-02-201380137PM_zps7f18fc90.jpg

B|

Edited by Hepcat

16 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

Yes! It's her face that I like the most on the #102 cover.

But as far as Bronze Age Wonder Woman comics go such as the #229, they're all fabulous! Here's another I have scanned:

13-02-201380137PM_zps7f18fc90.jpg

B|

That era of covers has a special nostalgic place in my heart as I still have quite a few left from my early yard sale buying days.Seems mom was less inclined to toss the WW comics than my dads Weird War lol I wonder how she'd have felt about these?

95182.jpg.56b8ce8b88af7b1883f3f141e6a9703b.jpg95185.jpg.0772d991d0b08b74d533c70ca9169a3c.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
6 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

That Rom cover does tell a story. The story is "here, gaze at my metal spaceknight codpiece" And really, wouldn't we all want to do the same if we possessed a codpiece? 

See,Snofro gets it.

If you polish the codpiece and look at the reflection in the mirror,infinity codpiece!

ooh, The Infinity Codpiece. More powerful than the Gauntlet

20 minutes ago, slym2none said:

Newsstand pretties:

-slym

:cloud9: I remember buying these two right off the spinner at my local Mac's Milk!The 268 was SO exciting at the time to me.I even have a copy a friend brought back for me from Brazil of that issue!I'd stopped actively collecting by the time 350 came out;girls and having to pay rent,partying took over for fifteen years.

Edited by porcupine48
fixeded spellering for slym

5 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

:cloud9: I remember buying these two right off the spinner at my local Mac's Milk!The 268 was SO exciting at the time to me.I even have a copy a friend brought back for me from Brazil of that issue!I'd stopped actively collecting by the time 350 came out;girls and having to pay rent,partying took over for fifteen years.

Nice!!!

7 minutes ago, BaronSamedi said:

Nice!!!

Thanks!It's funny,as a kid I worked at a comic shop-but back issues only.(this was a summer job in middle school-I had to close up for an hour to do my paper route lol )I had to bike up to the store to get my new issues if the 7-11 across the street from our shop had sold out.

Speaking of Brazillian issues,my chum brought his childhood Death of Superman digest sized(!) back for me.Portuguese is a HARD language to try and decipher lol I'll try to find images one day,I've only ever seen my copies.

15 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Thanks!It's funny,as a kid I worked at a comic shop-but back issues only.(this was a summer job in middle school-I had to close up for an hour to do my paper route lol )I had to bike up to the store to get my new issues if the 7-11 across the street from our shop had sold out.

Speaking of Brazillian issues,my chum brought his childhood Death of Superman digest sized(!) back for me.Portuguese is a HARD language to try and decipher lol I'll try to find images one day,I've only ever seen my copies.

You would think issues in other languages would be rarer or at least share in equal value as English speaking ones.

On 11/30/2019 at 8:46 AM, BaronSamedi said:

You would think issues in other languages would be rarer or at least share in equal value as English speaking ones.

That's a big hornets nest folk like to ah,discuss in a heated manner lol While most agree on the rarity factor,there are some strong feelings on the whole value thing.

3 hours ago, MR SigS said:

Thanks to Jimmers mentioning he liked Avengers #100 [in part] for the color, I would not have noticed the top edge of this issue. Thanks for liking yellow covers, Jimmers! :headbang:

That's cool, I've not seen that one before. I like how the absence of yellow leaves the top of the red Avengers 'A' as magenta.

1538369584_2019-12-0208_47_02.png.6accc439f5cc548c796d2b830d3f8360.png 

400px-SubtractiveColor.svg_.png.3b91b198cd85129ef4e5161889db4711.png