• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2019 at 4:48 PM, porcupine48 said:

Here's a positive!So I mentioned a while back I'd never seen a third printing of Silver Surfer #50 and as the first and second printings were,are nostalgic from childhood collecting to me,I wanted to find one.

Well,I get a nice pm from someone saying they wanted to send me one on them!So,I got a nice parcel from this person with a few other really neat quirky comic things,just as a gift from a fellow comic lover and a new friend through chatting.Some folks like to keep their kindness private,so I wont name names,but thank you to them,very much.I love it.A lot,and it goes in the special box of things I'll never part with.

And it's Thanksgiving,so I'll say I'm thankful for this place and the wonderful folk I have the pleasure of interacting with.big hearts

YJRQtUh.jpg?1

@F For Fake tagging you because I know you know how happy these era fancy books and seconds make me.Share the joy,share it!

That's great bud, I love that cover too, all three printings! Congrats!

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

That's great bud, I love that cover too, all three printings! Congrats!

Do you(or anyone else)know of any others by Marvel that made three or more printings?I know about the Joes and the dayglo Hulk,but I can only think of DC three print stuff off the top of my head.

17 hours ago, Gaard said:

I think New Mutants #100 had 3 printings.

Yup, there's the standard, a silver ink, and a copper ink.

@porcupine48 as far as copper era thirds with different covers, nope, that's all I can think of, the Hulk you mentioned, the Surfer 50, and NM 100. There are bunches of third prints that aren't identifiable by the cover, like the Joes you mentioned, and Transformers, some Star books like Thundercats, and any books that went into those copper era multi-packs. But as far as different thirds with different cover variations, nothing is coming to mind! This is the part where someone comes in and tells me that I'm wrong!

In moderns, of course, there are bunches, but I don't follow those.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Yup, there's the standard, a silver ink, and a copper ink.

@porcupine48 as far as copper era thirds with different covers, nope, that's all I can think of, the Hulk you mentioned, the Surfer 50, and NM 100. There are bunches of third prints that aren't identifiable by the cover, like the Joes you mentioned, and Transformers, some Star books like Thundercats, and any books that went into those copper era multi-packs. But as far as different thirds with different cover variations, nothing is coming to mind! This is the part where someone comes in and tells me that I'm wrong!

In moderns, of course, there are bunches, but I don't follow those.

I didn't know about the Star books,cool,thanks.I only collect the Star line in Canadian newsstand price editions though.I know LA DEE DA! lol (Stu,if you're reading lollol )-True story though,I have a HG stash of those hunies :cloud9:

I'd like a third of the Hulk,but whoooo-they aren't,cheap,are they!? Sittling here thinking about it,I think I just might have a third or two of NM 100-that and 98 I always pick up if in nice shape and 1-3$.And gold,really.

You know,I mostly buy and lurk around gold/atom age stuff now,but I forgot just how much I LOVE talking about copper comics,whether it's to complain about how awful stuff was getting art and story wise-to me-or how much I loved some of it!Like your What If story the other day?Man,I loved that,it made my WEEK! I'm really itching to get to a show and just DIG through some floor boxes for stuff that's cheap and just so bad it's good.

14 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I didn't know about the Star books,cool,thanks.I only collect the Star line in Canadian newsstand price editions though.I know LA DEE DA! lol (Stu,if you're reading lollol )-True story though,I have a HG stash of those hunies :cloud9:

I'd like a third of the Hulk,but whoooo-they aren't,cheap,are they!? Sittling here thinking about it,I think I just might have a third or two of NM 100-that and 98 I always pick up if in nice shape and 1-3$.And gold,really.

You know,I mostly buy and lurk around gold/atom age stuff now,but I forgot just how much I LOVE talking about copper comics,whether it's to complain about how awful stuff was getting art and story wise-to me-or how much I loved some of it!Like your What If story the other day?Man,I loved that,it made my WEEK! I'm really itching to get to a show and just DIG through some floor boxes for stuff that's cheap and just so bad it's good.

Oh, I love Stars, that's so cool that you have your stash of Canadians, you should post up some pics! I used to chase Star books in HG but it eventually gave up. I think I still have Chuck Norris and his Karate Commandos lurking around here somewhere...

Oh yeah, I'll talk copper junk all day long, I don't need much provocation! And you can't go wrong with What If, plus most of them are still dirt cheap, so there's lots of good reading out there!

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Oh, I love Stars, that's so cool that you have your stash of Canadians, you should post up some pics! I used to chase Star books in HG but it eventually gave up. I think I still have Chuck Norris and his Karate Commandos lurking around here somewhere...

Oh yeah, I'll talk copper junk all day long, I don't need much provocation! And you can't go wrong with What If, plus most of them are still dirt cheap, so there's lots of good reading out there!

I think I've posted my Smurfs and Carebears #1 before,I'll check the image files.Otherwise,yeah it'll be a while.It's chaos comic wise here right now! They remind me of buying my sister comics-I was mean,but still a pretty decent big bro-and I just lucked into a pile in a dollar bin one day about ten years ago.Realized the price difference ages later.

Chuck Norris comics are awesome!I have my old newsstand A-Team series still!

Ah,the eighties and nineties 

CGkIlMZ.jpg

17 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Maybe they dont comprehend what you meant since its gibberish and you are not a mind reader. So, second request-any way you can rephrase that, but in English?

Pot calling the kettle black are we? Why don't you go back and look up the posts you made when you first showed up here. I can go look for some, if you like.