• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Senormac said:

Me holding it !!  

And what the hell is wrong with the picture loading code.  It does not balance the width and the length in equal proportions !!  

I ain't gonna try and fix it.... let the mods fix it.... or whoever does that stuff.  Y'all can stare at my totally distorted picture and be made more positive !!  

1588607532_action1pic.thumb.jpg.5f9d40ecb4f2614e71198120801e3cee.jpg

On 1/12/2020 at 8:32 PM, F For Fake said:

Thanks for sharing Jimmers, it was right up my alley! I put it on and it made me want to run around the room! But instead I put that energy into setting up my pedal board Andrew restringing my bass. It has that relentless punk rhythm but the sequenced drums give it an almost industrial edge. I dug it! Thanks to you and RIP to your friend.

I'm gonna PM ya and take the love fest off thread, before the cops come out!

I believe Paul had Machine Head Mike-the drum machine-set at 168(presto!),hence the song title,if they've gotten around to getting my old masters up on bandcamp anyways lol 

His sis has me as the caretaker of all the old tapes,reel to reel stuff,so slowly my tech friends'll help get analog me's stuff up for all to enjoy.

@Senormac good to see you my Duckland pal!

Alex Schomburgs birthplace/town ( it's in Puerto Rico )  

Alex Schomburgs working years. 

Alex Schomburgs retirement years. 

527219103_alexschomburgbirthtownAguadilla_Pueblopuertorico.thumb.jpg.afa558ea319499ad08a6eab6c0de61e2.jpg

597351600_AlexShomburg.thumb.jpg.b10511987394f4eb021a8bbefee165f4.jpg

alex.jpg.a88e3be97e705148095a58fffbad742d.jpg

Edited by Senormac

So,I recently got an awesome great big parcelbox from @John R 's big ol great holiday sales thread and he was kinfd enough to include some real fine fun freebies-and he even shipped in a short box(it was a big order of readers).

Posted before in Liz' Candybox,but it's positive and fun,so I'll reshare here!

cq3HUO9.jpg?1with a sock fotobomb

There were others,these are my faves though,and the camera lady is sleeping.

kMBx2kK.jpg?1

Stay tuned for more fun and positive stuff from the wonderful community!All this comic reading,well,it cuts into picture posting time!

Growing up in Canada,well my city at oeast,we didn't have these.I always really,really wanted one.Considering the adverts for them were in older comics I got at yard sales,I guess if I had any with Marvel characters(did they do that?) they woulda maybe might have been stale.Do things like these really ever go BAD?

ubqohBB.jpg?1

12 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

@Hepcat been a minute,here's a sunshining kitty for when you drop on by next

4l2erez.jpg

The serious issues with my Photobucket account that weren't resolved until earlier this month acted to keep me away from here.

Potentially even more serious employment (or retirement) problems have also been an issue for me in the last month. My decision though is "Screw the bastiches! No, I won't be retiring either from this board or in the real world despite the far reaching conspiracies to make my life difficult. My plan is to keep fighting!"

:headbang:

Edited by Hepcat

22 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

The serious issues with my Photobucket account that weren't resolved until earlier this month acted to keep me away from here.

Potentially even more serious employment (or retirement) problems have also been an issue for me in the last month. My decision though is "Screw the bastiches! No, I won't be retiring either from this board or the real world despite the far reaching conspiracies to make my life difficult. My plan is to keep fighting!"

:headbang:

That's the ticket ! Illegitimi non carborundum! 

12 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Growing up in Canada,well my city at least,we didn't have these.I always really,really wanted one.Considering the adverts for them were in older comics I got at yard sales,I guess if I had any with Marvel characters(did they do that?) they woulda maybe might have been stale.Do things like these really ever go BAD?

ubqohBB.jpg?1

You're correct in thinking that Hostess Fruit Pies (in fact any Hostess snack cakes) weren't generally sold in Canada back in the 1970's.

Twasn't the Hulk though that I remember as being the top pitchman for Hostess in the Bronze Age. Aquaman and Mera were the ones that had me considering driving to Port Huron or even Detroit for American confections or whatever:

7121175_bceb75e9958da9486cbc161309bd6fde

7121175_49ca0e5380c054d3ae8743cf75f69b8e

7121175_1f079d38db6e38c90507e45d06842c56

7121175_b138b92d1d006069b0b43b196f12d26e

:cloud9:

Edited by Hepcat

8 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

That's the ticket ! Illegitimi non carborundum! 

Quite right Jim! And don't let the bar stewards get you down either :)

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Quite right Jim! And don't let the bar stewards get you down either :)

illegitimi-non-carborundum-short-stories

All the tenders and landlords I know wont serve me no more!Seven days without makes one weak,imagine 228 weak weeks!

15 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

illegitimi-non-carborundum-short-stories

All the tenders and landlords I know wont serve me no more!Seven days without makes one weak,imagine 228 weak weeks!

I know. I asked the bar tender to pass me the two lumps of beef hanging above him at the bar. He said "No, sorry. The steaks are too high".

I'm here all week :)

9 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I know. I asked the bar tender to pass me the two lumps of beef hanging above him at the bar. He said "No, sorry. The steaks are too high".

I'm here all week :)

Och,my kidneys-throw em in with the high risk pies...

(cause the daddery is making me SALTY)

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Och,my kidneys-throw em in with the high risk pies...

(cause the daddery is making me SALTY)

I asked him for some kiddley too. He said "You mean kidney?" I said "That's what I said, diddleye".

21 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Growing up in Canada,well my city at oeast,we didn't have these.I always really,really wanted one.Considering the adverts for them were in older comics I got at yard sales,I guess if I had any with Marvel characters(did they do that?) they woulda maybe might have been stale.Do things like these really ever go BAD?

Back in the day anything you read or heard about longevity or shelf life of these pies was 100% pure conjecture. There's no kid from the 70's that kept an uneaten pie around for more than half a day at best.  The current pies? Probably edible indefinitely.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:19 PM, steveinthecity said:
On 1/24/2020 at 11:11 PM, porcupine48 said:

Back in the day anything you read or heard about longevity or shelf life of these pies was 100% pure conjecture. There's no kid from the 70's that kept an uneaten pie around for more than half a day at best.  The current pies? Probably edible indefinitely.

Corn syrup encased in wax - what's not to like?  I've got cases of them in the bomb shelter.