• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

wax-bottles2_large.jpg

Corn syrup encased in wax?  No way. They'd never sell that to kids.  Would they?  o.O

Was just listening to a podcast on the way in to work that mentioned these things. Sense memory is so weird. I haven't had one of those in 35 years or more, and yet I can "taste" that juice at this moment, clear as day.

1 hour ago, steveinthecity said:
2 hours ago, MR SigS said:

They can change the name to NiPLNiK and sell it to adult kids.

Lik'n'Nip? hm

All wrong - Nip'L'Lick

5 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

My bid is $12 on the Peanuts Treasury, please.

I have that one if the cover is yellow with red lettering,love it,think I've had it more than thirty years!

i dedicate this post to you my chum!Just noticed the sticker last night when I was grabbing this and a B.C. collection to read

86350383_1301022550108576_59558201070022

I went to the Newmark Theatre in Portland last night for the 35th anniversary Pee Wee's Adventure tour.  Tickets sold out in 3 minutes and I don't think you could get tickets now anywhere in the country even if you wanted to.  

It was very cool. The night opened with a  film of Pee Wee on opening night  of his movie in Hollywood in 1985 and all the celebrities that he talked to who came to the show.  Then a screening of the moive "Pee Wee's Big Adventure".... and then Paul Reubens himself came out and talked to the audience for 2 hours telling behind the scenes stories, accounts of interactions with different actors, and unknown information about the movie and how Tim Burton and Danny Elfman became involved. A delightful evening !!  I got this cool tee shirt :)

2088708776_peeweeandmeshirt.thumb.jpeg.54ce9b024fd58047a83707b69f5cc51b.jpeg