• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Martin op, TEN SPOTS only

49 posts in this topic

Richie...I've never read the novels, but if Martin wrote anything at all like what was in last night's episode, can you please kick him square in the bean bag for me? :wishluck: After you get my book signed, of course.

Richie...I've never read the novels, but if Martin wrote anything at all like what was in last night's episode, can you please kick him square in the bean bag for me? :wishluck: After you get my book signed, of course.

I hear they are following the book and next week will be event better, if that's possible...

SPOILER ALERT:

I have read all five books. Last night during differed a bit from the books. Rob's wife did not accompany him to The Twins. Rob was not killed by Roose Bolton, it was a Frey that killed him. Caitlin slit the throat of one of Walder Frey's grandsons, not his wife. The Hound did save Arya just as in the episode. (This was what I learned while I should have been studying for my Sergeants exam). If anyone has questions PM me and I will I'll help you out.

In case you didn't notice, no one was using specifics, because some people DVR or catch the episode at a later time. Generalities = ok, splashing all the friggin spoilers with no tags = not.

SPOILER ALERT:

I have read all five books. Last night during differed a bit from the books. Rob's wife did not accompany him to The Twins. Rob was not killed by Roose Bolton, it was a Frey that killed him. Caitlin slit the throat of one of Walder Frey's grandsons, not his wife. The Hound did save Arya just as in the episode. (This was what I learned while I should have been studying for my Sergeants exam). If anyone has questions PM me and I will I'll help you out.

Roose does kill Robb in the books. He tells Robb that Jaime Lannister sends his regards, which is what Jaime told Roose when he left Harrenhall.

:takeit:

Only able to do this since we have until 7/10 to get you our books.

I have to locate something to get him to sign.

Anyone have any recommendations for Game Of Throne comics?

There's a series by Dynamite. There's about 14 issues out so far. If I don't send a mag, I'll probably pick an issue that doesn't have a busy cover. Issue 6 is good.

Thank you sir. Like that cover to #6 a lot. Also like the fact that have virgin covers and sketch covers to pick from of each issue.

Image and Devil's Due also put out a Hedge Knight mini-series about a decade ago. Might be worth checking out if they can be found.

SPOILER ALERT:

After watching the episode last night in utter horror, disbelief and excitement I immediately went to Kindle, downloaded the entire series then hunted down that chapter in the third book.

DEAR GOD I wish I would have stopped reading after that chapter! All I have to say is whatever you all think will happen next, no matter how impossible it may sound, you will still be completely wrong and you will still love it! NO spoilers here, just saying it all makes perfect sense now.

Plus, I am glad that they are NOT following the book completely. Martin is succeeding where Lucas failed by making his story actually better!

Sorry I have no idea how to use a spoiler tag, I just typed out an alert on it to warn everyone.

No worries. Not very intuitive if you are not a developer.

All you have to do is type the word 'spoiler' and put it inside two brackets [ ]

Then type what you want to hide and at the end of your message type the word 'spoiler' again but this time place it inside two brackets with a leading '/' in front of the word.

Example (I misspelled 'spoiler' so you could see the format:

[5poiler] This is the hidden message that will show up inside the spoiler tag [/5poiler]

This is the hidden message that will show up inside the spoiler tag