• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 August 1 - 2 Heritage Comics Signature Auction

274 posts in this topic

The Flash cover is gorgeous, but I am curious about how you guys feel about the replacements? From the description: "The Flash logo, issue number, and Comics Code elements are all recent replacements."

$40k is a bit rich for me, but I'll certainly be placing my half-serious thrill bid.

Pencils and inks are what I care about most. I am a bit bothered that the original logo is no longer there. But if I were to purchase this item, it wouldn't bother me.

agreed

Beautiful cover. An early FLASH, by the artist who designed him and brought in the Silver Age with this character. The first appearance of a key member of Flash's Rogue's Gallery.

I'd be shocked if this went for less than $70k, and I think that may be a conservative estimate.

Beautiful cover. An early FLASH, by the artist who designed him and brought in the Silver Age with this character. The first appearance of a key member of Flash's Rogue's Gallery.

I'd be shocked if this went for less than $70k, and I think that may be a conservative estimate.

Hard to say. The cover to #146 sold 2 years ago for 46K. I know this is a different time, but I'm not sure if its that different in this case. That cover (146) has Murphy Anderson inks and imo a far superior image of Flash, along with a more important villain. Also has the original title logo (although it does have a re-creation stat on it also).

Agreed. The main thing this has going for it is how early it is. It's not as nice a cover as 146, and as Bill notes it's not got the Murphy inks. On the flip side, it's the first appearance of Captain Boomerang, and the wide open space is kinda pleasant.

Here too:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7007&lotNo=92042

It went for $18k, 3 years ago, through the same venue.

A lot more stuff has been added...some Miller DD and DKR, Frazetta Vampi #5 painted cover, more Adams/Wrightson GL #84 pages, a nice Krazy Kat Sunday and a truckload of dailies, some Kirby pages, etc.

Don't see anything yet that I'd go to the mat for, even forgetting my macro view for a second, though I see a few pieces that I'll throw in bids for in case they go cheaply. I suspect that the stuff that turns up at the SDCC in a few weeks will prove to be more of a temptation. hm