• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 August 1 - 2 Heritage Comics Signature Auction

274 posts in this topic

Wow, finally a decent Frazetta painting up for auction. While not one of his Tier A paintings, it's much better than the Tier D paintings that have been coming up for auction since his death. It will be very interesting to see how this does.

Wow, finally a decent Frazetta painting up for auction. While not one of his Tier A paintings, it's much better than the Tier D paintings that have been coming up for auction since his death. It will be very interesting to see how this does.

Agree. I'd rank it a solid 2nd tier painting with 1st tier nostalgia/ cool factor.

Burkey had it on his site at some point in the last 9 months. Not sure if the Boardie who owned it sold/traded it to him or if it was just consigned and then taken back when it did not sell. Does anyone remember where Burkey had it priced? (shrug)

So, I went through all 700+ Heritage OA listings yesterday and saw that there appears to be an enormous collection of strip art consigned to this auction. Does anyone know who it is, where it came from and if there is more coming in future sales? (shrug)

So, are we pretty much done with the famous Shamus collection? I assumed that there was enough material to last thru the November auction, since they deliberately spaced the Watchmen covers over that period.

But the last auction didn't have much exciting Shamus stuff, and this auction only has a few notable pieces. Yes, the McF cover to Wizard #1 should do well enough, but it's nothing like the pieces we were seeing a few months ago.

Well, it was fun while it lasted...

Would anyone like to have this original in their collection?

2591543-vampirella5a.jpg

A fellow boardie owned that at one point. Don't know if he still has it.

I was really surprised, when I checked out the dimensions, how small it is.

His "Minsky`s" movie poster painting, on the other hand, is huge.

16 by 24? I could be wrong, but I think that's pretty standard for him?

I always liked the 24 to 30 inch range as being the perfect size for a painted illustration

Robert Crumb 5 page story for zap 0......the best comic art piece to come on the market in the last 20 years. Just my 2cents A masterpiece......if you get a chance blow it up and read it.....amazing

Would anyone like to have this original in their collection?

2591543-vampirella5a.jpg

A fellow boardie owned that at one point. Don't know if he still has it.

I was really surprised, when I checked out the dimensions, how small it is.

His "Minsky`s" movie poster painting, on the other hand, is huge.

Its the cover to Vampi 5, no haters :sumo:

Robert Crumb 5 page story for zap 0......the best comic art piece to come on the market in the last 20 years. Just my 2cents A masterpiece......if you get a chance blow it up and read it.....amazing

Gross overstatement IMO but an awesome lot and I'd sure love to own it!