• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 August 1 - 2 Heritage Comics Signature Auction

274 posts in this topic

who cares that's beautiful! I have no idea what issue that's from on who did the inking on the dr strange stories but that's really interesting inking to me.

What is that, ditko/everett maybe? Its a nice look.

I guess we'll find out when the description goes up.

actually it almost looks like straight everett? Only one figure really looks ditko to me and that may just be a swiped pose? very interesting piece.

thanks so much. Well I'm glad my (revised) guess was correct!

beautiful page! I like that better than a lot of the namor pages I've seen lately.

I think they have like 140 lots up so far, I have to say and maybe we've been spoiled for the past few years, BUT as far as the 5-10K pool there is really nothing up there that should / could close in that range that I would actually plunk 5 grand down on. Of course I could tempting fate lol with that comment. Considering Heritage is averaging like 650 lots per signature auction I'm sure something will come up to tempt my bank account :juggle:

from what ive heard everett and severin were asked to be ditko-like in their taking over of the character.....i think everett only produced 70 or so actual dr strange pages in that run. that is a nice one!. the last one by everett with one dr strange image went for 8200.00 this one is nicer but obviously no doctor.

BACK OFF!!! :sumo:

Does that work?!? Dang, I should have used it before Gary Land beat me to the Adventure 333 recreation by Curt Swan. :)

Oh, well. At least he has it on his CAF where I can see it. :)

lol- actually, I don't have the extra 40K or more it would take for that piece.

I'm working on other goodies :)

Pssh, smalltimer lol

The Flash cover is gorgeous, but I am curious about how you guys feel about the replacements? From the description: "The Flash logo, issue number, and Comics Code elements are all recent replacements."

$40k is a bit rich for me, but I'll certainly be placing my half-serious thrill bid.

Pencils and inks are what I care about most. I am a bit bothered that the original logo is no longer there. But if I were to purchase this item, it wouldn't bother me.