• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World 2013: Going Green

7 posts in this topic

Or what about what Lee K gave me?

I did not expect Bob Mcleod to be there on Thursday. I figured this would be the day to walk around and figure out where everyone was at, but there he was, sitting at his table, drawing. I cracked a few slabs in hopes that not only his signature would be placed upon the cover, but they would retain the coveted 9.8. I also decided, courtesy of Lee K to have a nice copy of the New Mutants Annual #4 signed by the creator of my favorite title. I knew this would have to be pressed; the square bond books always seemed more difficult to attain a 9.8, this one in particular.

I headed over to CGC right away I knew the quicker I had the books in, the quicker I would get them back. I knew at some point CGC would end their onsite grading and then I would have to wait. I met Molly and we walked over to get the books signed. As I always do with the witnesses I ask questions. In this case why was the boxing practices of the shipping department slacking. It as a quick walk over to Bob and I placed my books in front of him for his scrawl. I also decided to ask him if he had time for a small interview and I would be back after dropping the books off. He said yes.

I was probably just as happy as Bagofleas was down in Florida, I even showed him the picture of his signing on the back of a particular Marvel Graphic Novel, and he did indeed remember signing it. My issues for the New Mutants as follows were 3, 10, and 75. This went straight to the Signature Series part of the table, but for the other book, the annual #4 I had to take to Marie. I have always liked dealing with this woman because she was always pleasant. She helped me out with the first book I entrusted to her and answered questions about two others.

One of the questions was what happens after the pressing. She told me everything would be taking care of, and it was, with one minor glitch. When I went to pick up the book on Sunday my beautiful graded copy of the New Mutants came back...green. It recieved the qualified label. I was shocked, and made sure Mike, who was handing me my books knew that I had it signed here at Wizard World and informed him that Molly did indeed witness it. This story is longer than it should be but suffice to say Mike was very quick in taking care of the situation and made sure I was able to take the book home a signature series label.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

13796.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Yes... Green would suck... But thank God disaster was averted!

On another note... How does the Higher Evolutionary play into the New Mutants issue you have there? Very curious!

SW3D

The same thing happened to my NM #35 at Megacon. For some reason they gave it the blue label after I had it signed by Claremont at the show.

The funny thing was that the label had all the typing on it as though it was a yellow label but it was a blue label instead.

CGC was VERY quick to get it fixed and shipped back out to me in like 3 days. I see they did the same for you. That is a gorgeous copy of NM annual #4 you have there bud! Even if it is 9.6, it currently stands as the best copy out there.

I only hope you and I both can have a 9.8 copy really soon!

Congrats on all of your grades!!!

:applause: