• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Jayman said:

Yes! That bashed in skull just puts this one over the top! Heath liked using the "scared couple" theme.

Heath rarely missed an opportunity to add a pretty female to his covers.

Suspense19.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

8 hours ago, sagii said:

This Thread is on FIRE:golfclap:

It is getting a little hot in here.

WeirdThrillers5.jpg

5 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

It is getting a little hot in here.

WeirdThrillers5.jpg

I'd say lol

:golfclap: That one is really on fire, $1400+ for a 7.0 last week on HA. The Ziff Davis painted cover books are getting their due. Cool stuff as always sir!

6 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

image.jpeg

Fantastic! Alas, the Classic "Maestro, dance of death" cover. A book that's been in my list. The unidentified artist behind this cover deserves the recognition that comes along with drawing one of the greatest precode horror covers ever! 

13 hours ago, Phil the Governor said:

Sweet book! 

Are all these posts Recent Pre-Code pick ups though? :bigsmile:

Thanks for the comment -- got that Weird Terror #7 years ago from D. Swan, who is an awesome guy to buy from, with decades of awesomeness under his belt.

As to the recent nature of it and others though, it's not, not by a long, long shot (although, in the case of the Worlds of Fear #7 I posted, I got it at the most recent C2E2 last month) -- as I've noted when posting these, they are mostly books I've had for almost 20 years now. Around 1998 was when I first got my "real" PCH books collection started, though I'd been reading about them since 1986.

It always kind of bothered me that this thread was titled "Recent Pre-Code Purchases" because many of the books I'd like to share, aren't. But this thread is the pinned PCH thread, and the "undead thread" is usually buried many pages deep, so this is where I decided to share.

With the exception of about 10 books I posted here back in 2005 (the days of tiny attachments), none of the books I've posted recently I've ever scanned or shared, until now. So in that sense, they are new, or "recently scanned." While I'd love to be a buying machine with something truly new to me to share every week, I can't nowadays; but I do tend to hold onto books for a long time, once I have whatever it is I was looking for. I generally add to my collection about twice a year, whenever a major con rolls into town, and it'll just be a book or two.

Edited by originalisbest
typo

EC was (and is) for me, at first, though of course I appreciate all PCH and SciFi, largely in part thanks to Tales to Terrible to Tell. This Weird Fantasy 14 (really the second issue), I got from Ed Jaster at the Ramada Chicago show, in the early 2000's. It's got the (coffee?) stain in the title area, but it's fairly light, never bothered me then, or now. :smile:

Wf-14-2.png