• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, originalisbest said:

This one I did scan back in 2005, just got it redone (much larger than I post them here, so as to not clog up page widths.) Hey, only 13 years before it made it back to a scanner bed...

web5.png

Look at how the prisoners head size is exaggerated into a caricature. Plus black and orange get you ready for that last day in October. My favorite Jack Cole cover. A masterpiece. 

10 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

On 5/23/2018 at 11:55 PM, originalisbest said:

This one I did scan back in 2005, just got it redone (much larger than I post them here, so as to not clog up page widths.) Hey, only 13 years before it made it back to a scanner bed...

web5.png

Look at how the prisoners head size is exaggerated into a caricature. Plus black and orange get you ready for that last day in October. My favorite Jack Cole cover. A masterpiece. 

Add to that the guard's body posture and expression of horror and you have a well rounded classic cover! The three little "Ha, Ha, Ha's" really add to it also as not to confuse anyone that he's an evil baddie! (thumbsu

Edited by Jayman

52 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Add to that the guard's body posture and expression of horror and you have a well rounded classic cover! The three little "Ha, Ha, Ha's" really add to it also as not to confuse anyone that he's an evil baddie! (thumbsu

Look at the job Cole does with the hands.

10 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

Look at the job Cole does with the hands.

As well as the mouth. Cole always does a great job on little details like the teeth and gums. You can tell a master by the way they do the hands. Amazing book