• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Twistty1 said:

Always wanted a copy of this book. Great cover and underrated interiors. Very happy to finally have one. Crime with a little smidgeon of horror thrown in. The strangler story is fantastic.

78E390A5-6BFE-4CD1-9E84-4ED3E2C8D82C.jpeg

A963E6C2-7666-45BE-9953-3496C73BB1E3.jpeg

B2172EE7-385B-4C76-A54A-8F4A33A830DD.jpeg

27F4A543-AD14-4243-9A08-96D986F9059E.jpeg

Congrats, I was bidding on this one but dropped out around $900 since I already have a 7.5.

It’s definitely one of Cole’s best crime covers!

On 5/25/2018 at 9:03 PM, lbcolefan said:

Congrats, I was bidding on this one but dropped out around $900 since I already have a 7.5.

It’s definitely one of Cole’s best crime covers!

Thank you, and thank you for dropping out when you did ?. I just wish the under bidder had followed suit. They cost me an extra couple of hundred over what I was hoping to pay, but I’m still very happy with it... 

Edited by Twistty1

On 5/25/2018 at 10:21 PM, Jayman said:

Never knew this was a first issue! Got this years ago on the cheap. I'll have to dig it out again and read it. Nice to hear it's getting some interest. (thumbsu

ShockDetectiveCases20_zps4d6f60a3.jpg

That’s a beauty. The more I see if this book the more I like it. 

On 5/27/2018 at 9:55 AM, comicjack said:

Someone had a sales thread awhile back with this one and no takers but it is a cool cover 

If it was a thread of all Blackhawks,I took it,but never got it.Seller disappeared. :frown:

12 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Okay gang,my camera battery died,I procrastinate and get easily distracted-but i've got a nifty phone that i'll only use for pics(I run from the landline as it is) and i've dug stuff out and am starting to take some practice pics.Coming soonish 'Quills from the Crypt'! Here's a book i've talked about posting for a while till then...next image i'll do better!

2018-05-29 01.53.12.jpg

Really nice shape on this one, jimmers! Looking forward to seeing more! :)

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Come on Jimmers, bring on "Quills from the Crypt". Love to see some more of your stuff. Love to hear some stories of how and where you picked them up. Should be fun. 

I'm practicing with the camera,and getting used to getting the images from there to here.I wish the scanner still worked!I've pulled out a bunch of books,a few with you in mind.Every comic will have a story,if I can remember.

16 minutes ago, originalisbest said:

Really nice shape on this one, jimmers! Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Be forewarned,many,most of the books will definitely be 'readers' :D The Classics is one of the better ones. :foryou:

10 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Be forewarned,many,most of the books will definitely be 'readers' :D The Classics is one of the better ones. :foryou:

No worries, as I know you appreciate beater copies. I do too! Though it's weird, I really prefer clean coverless to absolute beaters for a given book (and then I go looking for one with a decent cover.) But I am no grade snob. Looking forward to your books and stories! :)

6 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

No, no, no. You need to say it like this:

"Beware the barbs of my beaters, they shall stick with you!" :bigsmile: