• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, The-Collector said:

So much better than #2. To be honest I've never cared for #2. The face on the woman is very crudely draw. 

Well, to each their own; #2 is definitely my favorite of the whole run of GHOST (though all are excellent covers.) You can't ask for better cheesecake since Phantom Lady #17, in my opinion! ;)

1 hour ago, jr81784 said:

BC4ADB5D-15A1-43F8-A050-A80B8164D419.thumb.png.e3a311db3eb763938a183614b65806ab.png

Clink win. Might not be a Dark Mysteries 19, but pretty startling all the same. Can’t think of many covers with such a blatant depiction of direct violence against women? 

Unique and yes startling pick up, which is only going up in price. Lots of collectors 'noticing' this one now, realizing how graphic the cover subject matter really is. . 

5 hours ago, jr81784 said:

Clink win. Might not be a Dark Mysteries 19, but pretty startling all the same. Can’t think of many covers with such a blatant depiction of direct violence against women?

For better or worse, there are quite a few of them in the crime and horror genre the most famous (infamous?) being Crime Suspense Stories 22.

Edited by adamstrange

2 hours ago, adamstrange said:

For better or worse, there are quite a few of them in the crime and horror genre the most famous (infamous?) being Crime Suspense Stories 22.

Now you having me wondering whether something can be both famous and infamous?hm

Edited by bronze johnny

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

comclue.jpg

Nice one, Robot Man!! And in really nice shape. This one's still a wee bit under the radar, I think, but what do I know. EVERY book can't be a classic, but it seems sometimes like that's the direction we're heading... :foryou:

9 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Nice one, Robot Man!! And in really nice shape. This one's still a wee bit under the radar, I think, but what do I know. EVERY book can't be a classic, but it seems sometimes like that's the direction we're heading... :foryou:

Got it from Terry O'Neil a couple years ago. He pulled it out from under the table and handed it to me. I had never seen it. He knows what I like. :devil: