• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,192 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

Damn. I wish I still had my copy of that book.

I snagged this off the boards many years ago, so long ago that I can't recall who I purchased it from. Was it you?

20 hours ago, goldust40 said:

I've got WAC 11 and CP 16, but not the two big books. I agree, the WAC 10 is a bear to find in any shape, for any kind of reasonable price. Great cover which certainly signposts the direction E.C. was taking (and not just the cover blurb). One day I'll pick up those two books!

It just makes me a bit happy to know Andy and I are both in need of an issue (WAC 10)! Agree that the WAC 10 is HTF, period. I do have a copy of CP 15 I picked up years and years ago from Ted at Superworld. One of my favorite books still (still needs to be scanned.) :)

20 hours ago, retrocomics said:

Thanks! The War Against Crime seemed to be the hardest to find. Not sure what took them two issues of Haunt to introduce the Old Witch though.

Another EC mystery is why they saw fit to do a Crypt-Keeper origin, an Old Witch origin, but nothing for poor ol' VK (I am betting because Johnny Craig may haven't have found the time? But unknown -- some EC experts may have an idea why.) On the other hand, VK eventually got Drusilla to come hang out at his cozy Vault, which couldn't have made CK none too happy. I doubt the OW was jealous though.

12 hours ago, Rude into terror said:

Some of my favorite witches. The tormented #1 witch on the corner is my all time favorite witch on a cover. To bad I can't find that for sale anywhere and just have a reprint.

1533171288791-723750698.jpg

Haunted Thrills is one of the best titles IMO. Keep looking for a Tormented #1, it'll pop up eventually! I think I finally got mine after 15 years of looking.