• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,224 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rude into terror said:

I just wondered how many number wise most people here on the boards have. 

I think you may see quite a discrepancy in the number of PCH books boardies have ... For what it's worth, I'm less than 40 ...

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

1 hour ago, Rude into terror said:

I have a question. How many pre code horror comics are in everyones collection. Just curious?

I don't have an exact count, but I have 11 long boxes of PCH, and 5 of pre-code crime.  I have 3 empty boxes that I need to add, two for the horror, and one for the crime, as I can't thumb through the books anymore, they're too cramped.  And more continually coming in (it's an addiction, I tell ya).

6 minutes ago, fifties said:

I don't have an exact count, but I have 11 long boxes of PCH, and 5 of pre-code crime.  I have 3 empty boxes that I need to add, two for the horror, and one for the crime, as I can't thumb through the books anymore, they're too cramped.  And more continually coming in (it's an addiction, I tell ya).

You have got to have close to a complete pre code horror collection with that many. amazing 

9 minutes ago, fifties said:

I only have about 50 but I started collecting PCH late this summer.  The addiction is real!

3 minutes ago, Rude into terror said:

You have got to have close to a complete pre code horror collection with that many. amazing 

Naww, not by a long shot.  I DO have a number of complete runs, and many more with just a few "holes" to fill, but I doubt that I'll live long enough to do complete Atlas runs of their horror titles.  And there are still a few icon covers that at this point in time I don't think I'll ever be able to afford.

1 minute ago, Rude into terror said:

A dealer friend of mine said he had just about all the atlas horror years and years ago but sold them through time and regrets it now causes how high they have gotten.

I usta buy them on eBay left and right, read them, and then re-sell the ones that didn't have at least one good story, IMO.  Oh well, easy come, easy go.  20 years ago they were $10-$20 for VG copies ...

The last issue of Mister Mystery. I'm thinking the specter of Kefauver and the Comics Code made good ol' Stanley Morse tone down the cover, but it's pretty funny(and the stories are all reprints from the sleazier issues).

D0CDFF.jpg

20 hours ago, N e r V said:
20 hours ago, Rude into terror said:

I have a question. How many pre code horror comics are in everyones collection. Just curious?

I think Mr.  Illmannered would win that contest and if I remember correctly he had a vault of guns for anyone in disagreement..

I'm pretty certain he'd win that contest in terms of quality.

On 10/30/2018 at 3:59 PM, Frank Grow said:

How can you tell the difference between american and canadian.  my understanding is that all the superiors were made in and from canada.

In this recent Superior comics PCH sales thread CGC does recognize Canadian edition vs standard US? edition.  Would be curious what the identifying feature of the Canadian editions are.  I saw you just purchased a book, but it wasn't a Canadian edition.  You could always purchase one of the Canadian editions, crack the case and let us know :baiting: