• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Don't you just love when you come across a book you didn't know about? I picked this one up here on the boards in one of @marmat 's sales threads. This cover instantly reminded me of a certain classic cover. I've come to call this book "the poorman's Air Fighters #v2#2 [14], the Valkyrie cover. 

Don%20Winslow%20Of%20The%20Navy%20%2051_

here's some interior shots, love the Grim Realer!

Don%20Winslow%20Of%20The%20Navy%20%2051%

Don%20Winslow%20Of%20The%20Navy%20%2051%

29 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Always so satisfying to complete a run. Even better to complete two runs in one day!

CF9612AA-7FF9-495E-9F1D-7D8EA4FCB383.jpeg

7C500615-B77B-4F33-A8AC-28250B8CDC40.jpeg

Congrats, RM!  The only Strange Terrors issue I'm missing is #4.  I don't have any Strange Worlds.

21 minutes ago, fifties said:

Congrats, RM!  The only Strange Terrors issue I'm missing is #4.  I don't have any Strange Worlds.

You will get there. My last one was #3. The #4,6,7 are the tougher ones. Glad I got them back when they were cheap...

I got Strange Worlds #2,3,4 all together in a collection. I figured why not complete the last two. I finished with #5.

12 minutes ago, fifties said:

I've been a busy boy myself, lately; here's a dozen that came in during the last two weeks.  The TMIH #3 was bought coverless, and I then purchased and married a cover to it.  I think that makes my run complete.   I've included 3 post coders as well, as I thought the cover illustrations were pretty good. The Murder Inc. 9 is an SOTI book (I checked my copy of SOTI to make sure).

Sensation Mystery 115.jpg

Suspense 7.jpg

This Mag Is Haunted 3.jpg

Uncanny Tales 4.jpg

Marvel Tales 103.jpg

Menace 2.jpg

Murder Inc 9.jpg

Mens Adv 23.jpg

Suspense 9.jpg

Mystic 50.jpg

Uncanny Tales 54.jpg

Astonishing 52.jpg

The TMIH #3 is a toughie. You are complete.