• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Very cool! (It looks like both books have color touchups... I assume you guys know that but just in case.)

The creasing is super weird. I'd throw out a wild guess of a production problem with the cover stock, just because it seems like it would be difficult to crease them by hand so many times and so finely.

I have a Adventures into Weird Worlds #24 that has a vertical scratch like those books down the middle. Don't know what it is also. Like, you said, maybe a production problem .  (shrug)

Actually, thinking about it some more, a production problem is probably unlikely since it's across a collection of different issues, and it's not a problem we've seen out in the wild other than these particular books.

Are the cover creases accordion-style, i.e. folded in, then out, then in again etc? Because I'd think they would have to be if someone (for whatever odd reason) made them by hand.

On 1/2/2019 at 12:16 PM, atomised said:

Thanks.  I now have all the books I have framed on the wall and this was some extra motivation.  

yep.jpg

Bravo!  That Beware has always been a favorite of mine and I feel it doesn't get quite the reception it deserves.  :golfclap:

@Point Five The creases on my book seem to be accordion type folds.  For what reason, I have absolutely no clue.  I was aware of the color touch.  I think those two issues made the copy somewhat affordable.  Had they not been present, I probably wouldn’t have ended up with it.  I sent it to CGC so we’ll see what they have to say.

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

First purchase of 2019 is probably not to special to most here but has been on my want list for quite a while.
Not strictly PCH as its mixed with supernatural humor, but an early precursor to the genre. I absolutely love it!

Spooky%20Mysteries%20%201_zpseto7vcq7.jp

Nice one! Love the title logo with the ghost looking over the SP. and those gravestones....xD

1 hour ago, Darth Corgi said:

Nice one! Love the title logo with the ghost looking over the SP. and those gravestones....xD

No Hitler inside this book, just the cover reference for those who are interested...