• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, X_Phile said:

Great to see it back in your hand. How did the grader notes read on the cover, just multiple creases color breaking? I am going to sub mine Looks good in the slab! Congrats!!

Thank you!  Glad to have it back.  It read something like that, I can’t remember exactly how they worded it.  My buddy sent in a bunch of books so I sent it in with his stuff.  He read off the notes to me.  

This goes without saying, but obviously I’d love to have an unrestored copy but, I think the purple label kinda looks neat with the purplish tint of the liquid.  I try to be a glass half full kinda person.

5 hours ago, elibowman said:

Was lucky enough to find this beauty on the wall at my local shop today :cloud9:

image.jpg

Wow, so nice to be found at a LCS, congrats! Not asking how much you paid but just wondering if the LCS had it at a fair price in your opinion?

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

Wow, so nice to be found at a LCS, congrats! Not asking how much you paid but just wondering if the LCS had it at a fair price in your opinion?

He sticks close to OSPG on stuff like this, so I did well. Too bad he rarely has any B|

His bread and butter are new books, variants, and modern/copper back issues. Silver and gold just don’t show up there very often.  

Edited by elibowman

22 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Very happy to add this one to the collection! 

Love the blood drips on the logo, the girl, the shrunken heads, masks and SOTI mention...the perfect blend of jungle and horror! :cloud9:

Terrors%20Of%20The%20Jungle%20%2017%20CG

Gorgeous book Jayman! What colors! :applause:

You guys been posting up some great stuff up lately. And to keep the thread going, one of my favorites. Been having it awhile now. I remember at first glance, damn that guys taking a slug point blank to the dome, but look a little closer and notice the background with the mirror......granted the guy has an NBA player wingspan...great underrated cover, well to me at least

144CF92A-4ADA-4A59-9334-F02581E54EF8.jpeg

2 hours ago, JoeRock said:

You guys been posting up some great stuff up lately. And to keep the thread going, one of my favorites. Been having it awhile now. I remember at first glance, damn that guys taking a slug point blank to the dome, but look a little closer and notice the background with the mirror......granted the guy has an NBA player wingspan...great underrated cover, well to me at least

144CF92A-4ADA-4A59-9334-F02581E54EF8.jpeg

Yes, very cool book congrats! It’s been discussed before about the arm, myself included that I originally thought it was another person shooting him. The angle seems just a bit off and the darker sleeve makes it look like a different hand. But you are correct, the mirror tells the true story. (thumbsu