• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

On 2/21/2019 at 11:09 AM, originalisbest said:

Love this cover, don't have it yet, but it's always seemed a winner to me!

I agree.  Slightly tamer than a lot of PCH, but I like the skeleton coming out of the water.

Slightly tamer maybe...but what’s great about some of these Precode Atlas books are the details that pop out after you drink in the cover. Vampire wings on the skeleton, the head peeking out of the coffin, stabbing, Devil and drowning on the side panels! All in a cool flooded graveyard setting. Great book! (thumbsuMarvelTales110.jpg

17 hours ago, Jayman said:

Slightly tamer maybe...but what’s great about some of these Precode Atlas books are the details that pop out after you drink in the cover. Vampire wings on the skeleton, the head peeking out of the coffin, stabbing, Devil and drowning on the side panels! All in a cool flooded graveyard setting. Great book! (thumbsuMarvelTales110.jpg

Don’t get me wrong, I love the cover!  I agree with everything you’ve said.

Picked this one up at and antique shop today. I wish it was the OTHER Science Comics, but I thought this one was pretty cool. It’s the 1946 series, and only a lonely 3.5 on the census. So, this would be top of census if I submit. My issue is the right edge. Miscut or trimmed? The pages look right, but the dimensions seem small on this one. Comics.org seems to be down so not sure. 

8BAB7B0F-254F-4EB9-BFE5-D49DE3755FD1.jpeg

9 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Witches Tales 16 looks to be the same witch. Some people just can't catch a break! :roflmao:

WT 16 FC CR.png

That's a lovely, bright copy! I believe the Witch also makes an appearance on the cover of BCM #38 as well.  You're absolutely right, she really can't catch a break at all.

21 minutes ago, Supernerd said:

That's a lovely, bright copy! I believe the Witch also makes an appearance on the cover of BCM #38 as well.  You're absolutely right, she really can't catch a break at all.

Yeah, the BCM 38 & 39 covers almost tell a story! (thumbsu