• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,192 posts in this topic

Damn you know that buyer was quickly pressing buy it now and paying as fast as they can. Some folks just don’t do the research, I bought a early Garth Ennis Hellblazer page for 40 bucks, wasn’t even sure if I’ll get it, but a risk worth taking. 

Part of an OO collection I purchased 2 years ago of approx. 400 PCH, Sci-Fi, Jungle and Crime. Comics were mailed to me raw, no bags or boards just wrapped in old plastic bags, This comic survived nearly 70 years unprotected in this man's home. Then it gets handled by someone else cleaning out the home. She takes pictures of the comics by putting them out on her driveway for me. She still has to ship and then I have to handle it page by page and then it gets shipped again to CGC for a press and a grade. I just think it's a great story. I'll post the slabbed pic next. Back cover was flawless as well. Anyone want to guess on grade?

Weird Fantasy 15.jpg

3 hours ago, Erndog said:

Omg like come on.  I've bee  searching crime suspenstories day and night the last few days and didnt see that 

Yah, suspenstories 22 is on my ebay search page, usually take a look every other day or so in hopes of finding a decent one at a price I can afford.  :(

2 hours ago, VAZ said:

Part of an OO collection I purchased 2 years ago of approx. 400 PCH, Sci-Fi, Jungle and Crime. Comics were mailed to me raw, no bags or boards just wrapped in old plastic bags, This comic survived nearly 70 years unprotected in this man's home. Then it gets handled by someone else cleaning out the home. She takes pictures of the comics by putting them out on her driveway for me. She still has to ship and then I have to handle it page by page and then it gets shipped again to CGC for a press and a grade. I just think it's a great story. I'll post the slabbed pic next. Back cover was flawless as well. Anyone want to guess on grade?

Weird Fantasy 15.jpg

Wow that's a nice one without seeing the back cover it looks like a 9.0 to me maybe higher. 

On 3/8/2019 at 4:57 PM, manetteska said:
On 3/8/2019 at 4:51 PM, waaaghboss said:
On 3/8/2019 at 4:19 PM, manetteska said:

Doh!  Woulda loved these for that price.

Wait....and there's a #22 in that stack?  Good lord...

Yep, that's the one that flipped my lid.

19 hours ago, waaaghboss said:
22 hours ago, Erndog said:

Omg like come on.  I've bee  searching crime suspenstories day and night the last few days and didnt see that 

Yah, suspenstories 22 is on my ebay search page, usually take a look every other day or so in hopes of finding a decent one at a price I can afford.  :(

Doesn't it seem too good to be true?

19 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

Doesn't it seem too good to be true?

Somewhat, but the buy it now price wasnt that exorbitant, and it looks like the seller is a pawn shop that came into some comics based on his other listings :)  

12 hours ago, The-Collector said:

I think it is unlikely but does anyone know if that check mark means this might be a Cosmic Aeroplane copy? 

Alas I would say no, as every Cosmic Aeroplane checkmarked book I've seen has the checkmarks done in a distinctively pointed, very sharp/light pencil point style. Attached is a sample Jumbo showing it. On the plus side, in recent threads here on the boards others have told of finding them out in the wild in dealer inventories -- keep an eye out for the sharp checkmarks! Pedigree aside tho, that is a SWEET Strange Adventures 21! :)

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 9.50.42 AM.png

cosmic-aeroplane-14-1.jpg