• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,192 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, originalisbest said:

Got three books to post that I'm super pleased to have -- definitely they are "core" books in my collection (if ever I could decide on any.) Some books I have might be on the line as to whether they are true keepers or not, but these are easy in that regard. :)

MisterMystery-6-Front.jpg

:takeit: per PM! :baiting:

50 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Back when I started. There was no way to know what they looked like until you ran into them and knew you didn’t have them. I bought a few, found out how cool they were and just bought every one I didn’t have.

Indeed, what guide? ;) Woe to the early buyer who happened upon #5 issues that were really #1's, and searched in vain for numbers 1 through 4!

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Back when I started. There was no way to know what they looked like until you ran into them and knew you didn’t have them. I bought a few, found out how cool they were and just bought every one I didn’t have.

The innocence was fun though.  You'd browse at a used book store, maybe a comic shop, get a paper catalog in the mail, or read the ads in a comic "newspaper", and go by titles.  And we're talking single digit money for each book.

1 hour ago, originalisbest said:

Indeed, what guide? ;) Woe to the early buyer who happened upon #5 issues that were really #1's, and searched in vain for numbers 1 through 4!

I remember that with especially ECs. Never could find Vault of Horror #1-11...:roflmao:

And, never mind all those Ziff Davis ones that started with #10...

Edited by Robot Man