• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,192 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, atomised said:

Here's my haul from the clink auction that just closed.  Some real good material in this last auction.

RAD288742019215_12539.jpg

I was the underbidder on the beauty, actually thought I won it!  Love the cover and white pages.  Congrats!

7 hours ago, atomised said:

gpa doesn't have clink data? :roflmao:

$705

That's one of the two reasons I don't like slabs;  First, you can't read the book, and second, slabbing puts it on another tier, jacking the "value" up tremendously, thus keeping it out of the hands of most collectors.  JMO.

27 minutes ago, fifties said:

That's one of the two reasons I don't like slabs;  First, you can't read the book, and second, slabbing puts it on another tier, jacking the "value" up tremendously, thus keeping it out of the hands of most collectors.  JMO.

You are not the target for slabbed books. They are for high grade collectors and those that transact their books regularly. I know when the time comes for me to start selling off the better books in my collection, they will be, without a question, slabbed. Until that time, I will keep them in nice shiny mylars so that I can enjoy them in their entirely anytime I want to.

Yeah slabs are a total drag, but I love mylar!  Its like putting a protective gloss coat over a fantastic paint job.  And you can still "feel" the book.  I see they have clear backing boards now, which sounds interesting, It would be nice to see both sides.   

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

One of the reasons I like slabs is that they are so much fun to crack open. Sort of like a Christmas present any time you want one!

All of these were slabbed at one time or another...

rawtimely.jpeg

Loved this video too!!

38 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Loved this video too!!

Thanks! That video is now out of date but we did do a new one for the latest version of the CGC holder. I should probably do one for the other company's holder as most sane folks are scrambling to remove every hint of their existence.