• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2019 at 10:33 PM, shiverbones said:

And this under rated gem which has one of the most messed up stories of all time about a man cursed to never die, who is hung, runs around with his head backwards, then catches fire and has his flesh half burned off 

5C8A2BD9-2B18-4862-9BDB-115A357D196C.jpeg

This guy gets it ;)  excellent taste.

Here was my recent purchase that just arrived yesterday. I'm hoping to get the entire run (in fact, I have a post on this in the WTB forum)

20190602_002044.thumb.jpg.7845eb7480fce1e9ad356d2a90df9bac.jpg

On 5/31/2019 at 10:33 PM, shiverbones said:

And this under rated gem which has one of the most messed up stories of all time about a man cursed to never die, who is hung, runs around with his head backwards, then catches fire and has his flesh half burned off 

5C8A2BD9-2B18-4862-9BDB-115A357D196C.jpeg

18B59EA5-D016-4DA0-B6D8-A1A023311B40.jpeg

80D2D20C-8E2F-4D70-AEC5-E5146DB6BDA7.jpeg

D302C159-B8B3-4C96-84D8-F0C32707F23E.jpeg

Great to see you back on here Matthew @shiverbones ! Place hasn’t been the same without ya. Still a classic issue and a horrific story. Hope you’ve been well!

The Saunders painted covers really makes this run standout imo. Plus those shiny Fawcett inks are :cloud9:

Can you imagine what some of the PCH stories like the above would look like if someone decided to film a live action version of them?

Try airing that on Netflix for the snowflake generation...:devil:

6 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

Great to see you back on here Matthew @shiverbones ! Place hasn’t been the same without ya. Still a classic issue and a horrific story. Hope you’ve been well!

The Saunders painted covers really makes this run standout imo. Plus those shiny Fawcett inks are :cloud9:

Thanks Christian!

Yeah the Saunders covers are among my faves! Happy to have one again.

23 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

This guy gets it ;)  excellent taste.

Here was my recent purchase that just arrived yesterday. I'm hoping to get the entire run (in fact, I have a post on this in the WTB forum)

20190602_002044.thumb.jpg.7845eb7480fce1e9ad356d2a90df9bac.jpg

Here's mine;  I'd say the second in the run is the toughest one to get.

Another World.JPG

Edited by fifties

5 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

I don’t post books until they’ve actually arrived but I have to make an exception. Got this thing from heritage last night. So freaking cool and crazy. Never saw it before. Don’t care that it’s restored, it’s just so bonkers nuts. Love it when I come across something out of the blue like this. Enjoy!

60909A9F-DF84-4609-836F-ACDC04047CB0.png

I had my "eyes" on this as well. Nice purchase.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:13 PM, Jayman said:

One of my favorite Atlas books, congrats! The way Everett rendered the shrouded skeletal figures in the background almost has a pastel look to it. Amazing detail! :applause:

The color design on JIM 5 is also my favorite. The vignettes on the left border also by Everett, are perfect.

On 6/3/2019 at 12:52 PM, Black Bat said:

I don’t post books until they’ve actually arrived but I have to make an exception. Got this thing from heritage last night. So freaking cool and crazy. Never saw it before. Don’t care that it’s restored, it’s just so bonkers nuts. Love it when I come across something out of the blue like this. Enjoy!

C6E3708A-9B46-4A02-B462-46D4D822664D.jpeg

Congrats! :applause:

Really tough book I've found to get in any presentable form.  Seems they may have had lower distribution near the end of the CMJR runs (shrug) Either way; this one is a fave of mine as well.

I also find that I am a sucker for Golden Age Yellow covers....